What percentage are honest?

Re: What perecentage are honest?

In the past? 50% if I was lucky. The trick was to get the ones dishonest in your favor. Nowadays? 80% because the trail is so much easier to follow for them to try and be dirty.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Out of all the sups and managers you have had, what percentage would you say are honest? Don't cheat, fudge numbers and the like.
kingOFchester,

Unfortunately in my 20+ years of service my management team has been 0% effective when it comes to honesty.

This is sad but true.

Sincerely,
I

CAFAL

I believe it depends on individuals. I've had completely honest center manager's. Sup's depends on individual attitudes. If your a problem driver, you will get less honesty. I see it around me daily. If you're a team player, sup's will take care of you. Honesty definitely depends on the person that is being dealt with. Imo of course

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I believe it depends on individuals. I've had completely honest center manager's. Sup's depends on individual attitudes. If your a problem driver, you will get less honesty. I see it around me daily. If you're a team player, sup's will take care of you. Honesty definitely depends on the person that is being dealt with. Imo of course
kingOFchester,

Unfortunately in my 20+ years of service my management team has been 0% effective when it comes to honesty.

This is sad but true.

Sincerely,
I

Ones perception of others is usually a reflection of themselves.

Gazelle

Race me!
I am always honest with all of my loaders when they ask me questions. However let's say they have 1000 pieces when the day starts, and the forecast changes and they suddenly have 1300. I will make sure they get help or spend no time out of their cages... But they freak out and tell me that I am just another idiot supervisor because I lied to them about how many pieces they had... I explain how there are always going to be unforcasted packages that come into the system, and they just think that I am lying to them.

upschick95

Only one that has been 100% honest and forthcoming all the years that I have know him. The rest are only half and half, and that's when they are made. The rest are lost souls.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Out of all the sups and managers you have had, what percentage would you say are honest? Don't cheat, fudge numbers and the like.

Of the supervisors and managers I've worked for over the years one was a total cheater who cheated employees out of time to make himself look better and rightly ended up getting fired for dishonesty. I suspect that 10% were crooked because of rumors and because they achieved results that a person that does things right can't achieve. 20% interpreted rules too liberally in my opinion and made themselves look better than more "honest" individuals, but still left themselves room to argue if anyone questioned their decisions. In many cases these interpretations actually benefited drivers because they resulted in more planned time. I don't like either of those groups because it creates pressure for everyone else to get the same questionable results. 20% meant well but made poor decisions because they didn't look at things from the customer's point of view or think through the ramifications. 50% were thoughtful and tried hard to do the right thing. They still have to make some judgement calls that everyone won't agree with. Some will accuse them of cheating or fudging numbers when they make a judgement call.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Too often just surviving at UPS requires you do do a little fudging. Upper mgmnt has a tendency not to except things when reality gets in the way. I waited one morning for 20 minutes after I was supposed to be on the road for a DIAD to download. Boss was all shook up trying to figure out a way to code my time so he wouldn't look bad.

stink219

Been here 18 years. 8 different center manager's. All were dirty BUT, only 1 has been honest (Current center manager). He only has a year left before retiring. He hides nothing. He shares all kinds of juicy info. He's the most fair center manager I've had. Because of that, we all go above and beyond for him. Funny thing, out of the 8 center manager's, 3 have been fired for cooking the books.

CAFAL

Ones perception of others is usually a reflection of themselves.

A reflection of myself... I am a team player. I do what I can. I'll help anybody who needs help,management or guys in my loop. If it's on my truck, i'll deliver it. Getting paid either way. I see guys with issues, and how supervisors talk to them. Honesty and integrity goes both ways