what was your first route?

It seems like the first route they are teaching me (day 6 of training) is supposed to be "permanent" instead of what they hired me for --cover driver. The two days they have been training me on have been long assed days..9+ hours, and that's with another person (sup) driving the route. I don't even know the roads. In the book they gave me for training, it breaks down the days for in class, and then on the job training. It said that they are supposed to give 6.5hour route in the beginning to learn everything, but this seems like much longer than a 6.5 hour route since it takes 9 hours or so to complete. I seem to lose steam at around 2-3pm , there are so many heavy boxes to deliver and then receive at the end of the day. at the end of the day, the truck's full again...it's like being a preloader , but with added responsibility of driving. Not to mention getting all those signatures for businesses, hunting people down just so you can get them to sign takes time too.

I've been told that 3 or 4 people have quit because of that route....so why am i being put into a difficult route head first? Most of the businesses have massive amounts of heavy packages they not only receive, but ship out everyday--one after another. (car dealers, etc). I don't think i can handle this physically day in an day out. It would be dangerous and stupid of me to be half asleep at the end of the day and operate a gigantic brown metal box.

I applaud and respect all those who are doing this day in and day out, I guess this is not for me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It seems like the first route they are teaching me (day 6 of training) is supposed to be "permanent" instead of what they hired me for --cover driver. The two days they have been training me on have been long assed days..9+ hours, and that's with another person (sup) driving the route. I don't even know the roads. In the book they gave me for training, it breaks down the days for in class, and then on the job training. It said that they are supposed to give 6.5hour route in the beginning to learn everything, but this seems like much longer than a 6.5 hour route since it takes 9 hours or so to complete. I seem to lose steam at around 2-3pm , there are so many heavy boxes to deliver and then receive at the end of the day. at the end of the day, the truck's full again...it's like being a preloader , but with added responsibility of driving. Not to mention getting all those signatures for businesses, hunting people down just so you can get them to sign takes time too.

I've been told that 3 or 4 people have quit because of that route....so why am i being put into a difficult route head first? Most of the businesses have massive amounts of heavy packages they not only receive, but ship out everyday--one after another. (car dealers, etc). I don't think i can handle this physically day in an day out. It would be dangerous and stupid of me to be half asleep at the end of the day and operate a gigantic brown metal box.

I applaud and respect all those who are doing this day in and day out, I guess this is not for me.
Cmon Dude
Be positive and be certain
We don't like the Heisenberg Uncertainty around here.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

LMFAO!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What a Nancy!!!

CHALLY9TX

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1444282306.442369.jpg