What would you change about package cars?

What are things that could enhance the QOL for the average driver? What would you change about the current fleet of vehicles? I've always wished that the rural routes had a diff package car. Something smaller with better tires or 4wd.

Hot Carl

What are things that could enhance the QOL for the average driver? What would you change about the current fleet of vehicles? I've always wished that the rural routes had a diff package car. Something smaller with better tires or 4wd.
Most of our “retirement routes” (60-70ish stops/day) don’t even go out in PCs anymore. They just use sprinter vans.

rickyb

i would have the workers vote electronically on what they want in them and not let stupid capitalists have all the decision making power

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We have ram pickup trucks instead of a bed they have a 8ft tall storage area for packages. I don’t know why we have them. They’ve never been used. Been sitting in the yard for two years or so rotting away.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Some of the newer cars have the 4way button mounted on top of the steering wheel column instead of attached to the turn signal stick, that drives me nuts. Get rid of all the useless beeping. Foldable shelves. Net system to stop packages from falling on the rear door. Built in straps to keep big boxes from falling over. The foot vents we have but have four in the cargo area. Two that take air in up front and two that take air out in the back. A :censored2:ing USB port would be nice. Heated mirrors. Bright LED headlights. The new cars have a LED light bar under the backup camera, but it can only be turned on when the car is off, the extra light would be nice when backing at night. More tread on the floor to prevent slips. I had a gun pulled on me once late at night walking up to some guys house and I always wanted large lights on the sides of the car that illuminate the UPS logo so people know it’s us coming. Lockable doors in these crazy times. Some guy just opened my door and jumped in my car last week when I was in the back sorting. FedEx drives the same cars as we do and they have fans, radios, 12v, usb, radio, nicer interior and better seats. It can be done.

RMR46

Emergency brake handle up on left side of dashboard. Where you can pull it down. And flip it up.