What's you predictions for the Ohio rider?

Stonefish

Do you honestly expect a dissident rank-and-file movement to shell out the extra cash for union label glossy handbills and t-shirts? These guys don't exactly have access to their local union's treasury (yet). Don't get me wrong -- even my own family makes fun of me for how anal I am when it comes to buying union label goods and, failing that, products that are made in the USA.

Also -- for the record -- I'm a part-timer barely squeaking by and I could use that extra $15-$20/week. I'm also a shop steward in one of the areas that passed their supplement on the first round of voting so the only thing I hear from 90% of the members I don't interact with daily is "Where's my raise?", "Why is the union holding up my money?" , "I'm going to quit the union if I don't get my raise!", etc etc. It gets old.

However, the members in the affected areas have every right to continue voting down their supplements. That's how master contract are setup -- the only way they could have been implemented in the first place, historically, was to still allow local autonomy.

I've got mixed feelings on the whole "Vote NO" campaign because of the players involved (Zuckerman, TDU) and the reasons they're involved (Zuckerman's role on the Gregare slate in 2011, TDU trying to damage Hall so they can run a candidate against him in 2016). But at least the guys in Ohio are onto something here; I can get behind a 4 hour guarantee and more FT jobs.

Yes I do expect the to buy and print union. You're a part-time employee you do it why can't they. I'm in Ohio and I get a kick out of these vote no people like Bubblehead or whoever saying support you brothers and sisters and they won't even do it themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishman Collins

My predictions, it all depends on Columbus and Dayton. Cleveland and Cincinnati will basically offset one another with a slight more no votes from Cincy. If Columbus and Dayton increase their no votes. Toledo and Akron won't be able to generate enough votes to make a difference. My prediction it goes down by about 150 votes

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

I understand and respect your opinion but people like the hypocrites that talk a good game about being behind their union brothers and sisters then print non union literature and non union t shirts is all bull. You are either behind the union or you aren't. If you aren't then don't say you are. In my opinion
Hypocrites?
Those are the ones that say they're supporting their coworkers but behind the scenes support a concessionary contract that was even worse the first time around before other harmful language was removed.
Your blind support of the IBT leadership portrays hypocrisy.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
All the part timers here loved this one, they felt like someone finally was listening to them. There is even a slogan on the back.
How will voting no change any of that? No amount of voting no is going to "close the wage gap between full and part time." And the master already provides for things like raising the starting wage. Union must think part-timers are stupid. The rest are non-issues that will never be in the contract, ever, because the only thing anyone gives a corn-filled :censored2: about is Teamcare. If (they won't) the locals ever got what they want on healthcare, they would forget all about that 4 hour guarantee and "closing the gap" for their PTers.

-A PTer.

Last edited:

O/C

My predictions, it all depends on Columbus and Dayton. Cleveland and Cincinnati will basically offset one another with a slight more no votes from Cincy. If Columbus and Dayton increase their no votes. Toledo and Akron won't be able to generate enough votes to make a difference. My prediction it goes down by about 150 votes

Sent using BrownCafe App

It depends on the part time votes. Not to late, get your ballot in Early Next Day air. The ballots will start commencing 1000 am tomorrow.

stink219

Since 1991 the overwhelming majority of UPSers have voted for the reform candidates!
Huh? Uhhhh, can you repeat that? Are you sure your correct?

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

stink219

Congrats to my boy 407!! Great job brother!

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~