When do UPS give raises.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nv8449, Feb 6, 2013.

1. nv8449

nv8449 New Member

When do ups employees get raises. I was told that after 1 calender year you will get a $1 raise. Then i was told by another employee that we get a $0.35 raise in febuary and august. Also i started in Oct and already got my 90 day raise, but wondering would i get the febuary and august raise still or need to wait for a year.

2. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

You are under the (extremely terrible) 4 year PT progression. Everyone that has made it through the progression receives those raises - the last one was Feb. 1 for $0.475, the one before that on Aug. 1, 2012 also for $0.475. You will be receiving a raise on the anniversary date of when you reached seniority - basically you hit $12.87 after 4 years (if you have the $1/hr skill pay) and THEN start receiving the contract raises. This was a major concession in the 2008 contract (by comparison, I was making ~$13.27 when I hit my 4 year mark and received the same raises as my co-workers.) Hopefully, this contract will make things right.

3. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Since you started in October, you have gained seniority; therefore, when the new contract is implemented August 1st, you will follow the raise schedule outlined for senoiryt employees. It has yet to be determined.

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

PT got hosed in contracts years ago. The pay progression used to be fair