Why Express Employees Need Union Protection

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Falcon1, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Falcon1

Falcon1 New Member

As FedEx guts it's workforce, continues to slash your benefits and hours, pays you sub-standard wages and now has announced it will withhold whatever merit increase it chooses to give us in the future, Company management are all laughing their way to the bank as their precious stock, options and bonus payouts set for later this year have skyrocketed as the company's stock has made record gains off late - all at your expense.

Why you ask at a time when the company is constantly poor mouthing its employees and taking every conceivable benefit we have?

Simple. Through exploitation. In the form of low wages, cuts to your benefits and through buyouts. All of these unfortunate events have made this gravy train possible for our elite upper management.

A union contract would go a long way in helping prevent this type of corporate overreach and greed. Just talk to one of your peers at UPS or one of our very own pilots. They seem to be doing just fine as we keep taking it in the shorts. We have nothing to lose. Get a group of employees together and begin the fight

Start today by calling the Ibt and lam and letting them know the time is now! Enough is enough!

2. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

You are preaching to the choir. Everyone knows it but a lot of people are still waiting for the IBT to rescue them. Bottom line is if you want change you need to get off your ass and make it happen. Otherwise you can just bend over and take it where the sun don't shine for the rest of your time here.

3. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

Welcome to Freddie's Fan Club

4. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

yeah. Some of us have been pointing that out for a couple years now.

5. MAKAVELI

And then there are some that are arrogant and condescending and have no intention of trying to help our cause.

6. bbsam

And what would you have me do?

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Pick up the signed card and deliver it to DC.

8. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Be less arrogant and condescending. And help our cause while you're at it.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

Why in the world should he do that? Especially after all the crap you personally gave him. I, on the other hand, wish you guys luck. The Teamsters have a lot of experience representing part-timers.

10. bbsam

Hey! Those are two of my better qualities.

Seriously though, I don't think I am any more condescending or arrogant than R1a, but somehow when he says it, it's as though the heavens opened and God himself told Express drivers to finally "gird up your loins". Lol. It is what it is.

11. bbsam

Don't the part timers usually get screwed over?

12. UpstateNYUPSer

Big time.

13. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I was parodying an earlier post. I guess you didn't catch that...not surprised.

14. bbsam

I have tried to find out how many signed cards there are. I'm not sure they really exist.

15. MAKAVELI

Ahh, more arrogance. Doesn't matter whether the uniform is brown or purple a douche is a douche.

16. bbsam

fitting. We're here to clean the sand out of you. How many signed cards ya got?

17. MAKAVELI

Why don't you ask the ibt?

18. bbsam

Less than ten, eh?

19. MAKAVELI

Sure if you say so.

20. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I don't know how many there are, but we're getting nothing from the IBT so far. We are on our own.