Wild speculation

alwaysoverallowed

image.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
What would happen if UPS suddenly and blatantly broke their contract with the union in selected areas? Is the union strong enough to withstand such an onslaught? Would they strike? It seems to me that the company realizes that it remains the last bastion of union strength and that's costly. A strike would hurt short term but if successful in breaking the union would be worth billions.

How's that for tinfoilmania? ;)

What would happen if UPS suddenly and blatantly broke their contract with the union in selected areas? Is the union strong enough to withstand such an onslaught? Would they strike? It seems to me that the company realizes that it remains the last bastion of union strength and that's costly. A strike would hurt short term but if successful in breaking the union would be worth billions.

I could see that in 2018. But not now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

That would be PR suicide.

alwaysoverallowed

It wouldn't stand up to the lawsuit the IBT would bring