Working 6 day week...When is my OT day?

675Rider

This week I will be working a 6 day week as a driver. My normal schedule is Tue-Sat but was asked to work all week to cover someones vacation.

My question is, would my OT day be my Saturday or should it be the Monday that I was supposed to have off or the sixth day clocking in?

675Rider

I'm a reg-temp so my pay gets cut to $13ish on Saturdays and for less than 4 hours. I would rather finally spend a Saturday with my family since I made up for it by working 5 straight instead of the normal 3 days. I had already requested off anyways but was going to work if my OT day would have been my scheduled day off since that was a 9.5 day instead of the 4hr Saturday.

UPSGUY72

Bet they don't ask you to work on Saturday much!

Wrong

Every Sat Air drive except 1 are FT drivers.

There is a list up every week for FT Driver to Deliver Air on Sat for $51.54 hr. All the Pt Sat Air driver bid TCD position. TCD in my are can only work from May 1 to the second week in January after that they go back to there PT job and Sat PT Air job. That being said they can't put the Sat Pt Air position out to bid so the have to be filled by FT Driver each week and by seniority.

I usually don't make the list but since they can't forecast how many NDA's are going to come on sat very accurately so they usually need a another driver and I get a text message at 5:30 in the morning asking if I want to work every week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong

Every Sat Air drive except 1 are FT drivers.

There is a list up every week for FT Driver to Deliver Air on Sat for $51.54 hr. All the Pt Sat Air driver bid TCD position. TCD in my are can only work from May 1 to the second week in January after that they go back to there PT job and Sat PT Air job. That being said they can't put the Sat Pt Air position out to bid so the have to be filled by FT Driver each week and by seniority.

I usually don't make the list but since they can't forecast how many NDA's are going to come on sat very accurately so they usually need a another driver and I get a text message at 5:30 in the morning asking if I want to work every week.

Will this change when you become an every other weekend Dad?

675Rider

This is the first Saturday I have taken off in 15 months so I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Our HUB is about even on reg temp/full timers on Saturdays.

What I don't think is fair is that my Tues-Friday pay of $25ish drops to $13ish on Saturdays which is why after working all 5 days this week missing these 4 hours today and spending a Saturday with my family won't break the piggie.

UPSGUY72

Will this change when you become an every other weekend Dad?

No I'm currently a every other weekend Dad if they text me in the morning when I have to kids I tell them I can't. However the soon to be ex-hole said I could call her and she watch them...

Just and FYI I'm working on getting them 50% of the time. The Divorce isn't final yet. I have figure out it's cheaper for me to pay a nanny every other week to watch the kids after school then to pay her Full child support every week and as the kids get older they won't need a nanny...