Working 6 day week...When is my OT day?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 675Rider, Oct 9, 2015.

1. 675Rider

675Rider New Member

This week I will be working a 6 day week as a driver. My normal schedule is Tue-Sat but was asked to work all week to cover someones vacation.

My question is, would my OT day be my Saturday or should it be the Monday that I was supposed to have off or the sixth day clocking in?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our pay period runs Sunday through Saturday so your 6th day would be Saturday.

3. 675Rider

675Rider New Member

Looks like I will be taking Saturday off then. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

Why would you take Saturday off when you could work at time and a half to deliver air?

5. 675Rider

675Rider New Member

I'm a reg-temp so my pay gets cut to $13ish on Saturdays and for less than 4 hours. I would rather finally spend a Saturday with my family since I made up for it by working 5 straight instead of the normal 3 days. I had already requested off anyways but was going to work if my OT day would have been my scheduled day off since that was a 9.5 day instead of the 4hr Saturday.

6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Hot date? Football? I can't think of any other good reason?

7. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Just because is a good enough reason

8. Number24

Number24 #24

At $13 an hour as a driver you need all the OT you can get.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

That is just the air driver part----he makes more than that the rest of the week.

10. Number24

Number24 #24

Air drivers at my hub make $18+

11. UpstateNYUPSer

Even if they work on Saturday?

12. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

When I drive Sat Air I make $51.54 Hr...:rofl:

13. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Bet they don't ask you to work on Saturday much!

14. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Worked every Sat this year when I've had hours left, at 51.54/hr, for the same reason the OP doesn't, not worth it to the PT guys.

15. Number24

Number24 #24

YES.

16. Funfact

Wrong

Every Sat Air drive except 1 are FT drivers.

There is a list up every week for FT Driver to Deliver Air on Sat for $51.54 hr. All the Pt Sat Air driver bid TCD position. TCD in my are can only work from May 1 to the second week in January after that they go back to there PT job and Sat PT Air job. That being said they can't put the Sat Pt Air position out to bid so the have to be filled by FT Driver each week and by seniority.

I usually don't make the list but since they can't forecast how many NDA's are going to come on sat very accurately so they usually need a another driver and I get a text message at 5:30 in the morning asking if I want to work every week.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

Will this change when you become an every other weekend Dad?

18. 675Rider

675Rider New Member

This is the first Saturday I have taken off in 15 months so I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Our HUB is about even on reg temp/full timers on Saturdays.

What I don't think is fair is that my Tues-Friday pay of $25ish drops to $13ish on Saturdays which is why after working all 5 days this week missing these 4 hours today and spending a Saturday with my family won't break the piggie.

19. Funfact

No I'm currently a every other weekend Dad if they text me in the morning when I have to kids I tell them I can't. However the soon to be ex-hole said I could call her and she watch them...

Just and FYI I'm working on getting them 50% of the time. The Divorce isn't final yet. I have figure out it's cheaper for me to pay a nanny every other week to watch the kids after school then to pay her Full child support every week and as the kids get older they won't need a nanny...