You Sorry Bastards

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by UPSBOT, Jul 17, 2014.

UPSBOT When UPS Was Fun

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Old Fred should have payed the feds off like UPS.
  3. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

Can't, because we are a billion dollar fortune 500 company that's broke remember.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List

I'm betting he wished he did.:)

UPSBOT When UPS Was Fun

Sorry, I may have been to harsh???????????
  6. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

If you read the story, UPS already settled and paid their fine...but really, how can you expect a shipping company to know what's inside the packages they move. You're at the mercy of the customer that tells you what's in them.

Having delivered many of these shipments, you know what's inside. I had customers receiving multiple shipments from multiple online pharmacies on a weekly basis.
  8. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

I feel so guilty.
  9. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

But what is our protection should they find out who stopped it?
  10. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I don't really understand this. My wife has prescription medication delivered every month by UPS and I can't fathom being any of his damn business what he's delivering or whether or not she has a prescription for it.
  11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The only time a driver should care would be if its a controlled substance with extra paperwork. Everything else he/she shouldn't know or care what medication or even vitamins are rattling around in the package.
  12. El Morado Diablo

El Morado Diablo Active Member

FedEx knew what kind of companies it was dealing with and what they were shipping. We had lots of people getting these packages from multiple online pharmacies. Some of them were COD's. It got to the point where we had to continually change the phone number in our station because the recipients would constantly call to check on the arrival times of their packages, ask to have them held so they could be there when the doors opened, etc.. We had strung out people demanding their "motorcycle parts" on late freight days and angry people calling us to tell us to stop delivering packages to their spouses.

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if FedEx can or should be held responsible in any way. I just know they can't hold up their hands and say they didn't have a clue about what they were shipping.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Me too. A new low, I'm so ashamed.
  14. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I agree. My husband gets scripts delivered, and its no ones business what he needs/takes. Ups has tried to make it our business, checking IDS etc. If I am at the house, they are there, and they sign, its not my business to interrogate them, nor do I want to. Im a delivery driver, not a cop.
    In the past I have delivered stuff I knew was not on the up and up, I mean everyone smelled it! I was told its none of my business whats in it, Im not a detective. And I agree.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. fedex_rtd

fedex_rtd Active Member

I wonder if FedEx will try to place the blame for this on it's employees??? I can see it now, Lets blame sales...they should have known what was going on. Lets blame the pick up driver...they should have known what was going on. Lets blame the delivery driver...they should have known what was going on.

FedEx always tries to shift the blame away from the gilded glass house in Memphis, UPS accepted responsibility, on one hand I would love to see Fred get fined so hard that it would make him cry, on the other hand something like this just makes life more miserable for hourly employees.
  16. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

FedEx is trying to fight the feds instead of just paying up like UPS did. It will end up costing them a lot more. The system is rigged and the house (government) always wins.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Honestly, most of the damage is done, PUBLIC RELATIONS

FEDEX is trying to wiggle around the law, much like the ol' independant contractor shell game they have played for years
  19. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Fine with me. Do you know what kind of hell I would have to endure if she didn't get it?! UGLY!!!
  20. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how the carrier is responsible when the pharmacy is breaking the law. The carrier doesn't have records of prescriptions, they have no way of knowing whether or not a shipment is illegal. Large/multiple orders of medication might raise an eyebrow but ultimately HIPAA means that the carrier doesn't have access to the information to make that determination.

I'm not a lawyer though, so who knows.