You Sorry Bastards

fedex_rtd

ROTFLMAO!! So you're complaining about the problem after you made no attempt to stop it?

Hypocrite.
It's not his job...how often do you think a driver says to a manager. Hey this package has some drugs, or other illegal stuff in it, and the manager says "just do your best" "try not to have any lates"

It's FedEx culture, don't try to stand tall on a golden throne in Freds office to try to make it all good.

MAKAVELI

Both sides are concerned about money and nothing else when it comes to arguing this case. The DEA wants it, FedEx doesn't want to spend it. The case is, at this point, nothing more than a step in the negotiating process.

When the money is right, a deal will be made. It will have to include protection against liability for FedEx. The value of that is incalculable.
Why would FedEx settle if they are completely innocent of the charges?Why would FedEx need protection against liability when they claim to have done nothing wrong? I think it's going to be little harder to spin this one, now that criminal charges have been filed. UPS was smart. They paid a small fine and put it behind them. FedEx is not so smart. This could turn out really bad for FedEx, monetarily and its image.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Why would FedEx settle if they are completely innocent of the charges?

You've got to be smarter than that.

I got ticketed for speeding in Arlington Heights, OH. The place is a notorious speed traffic, and was wonderfully corrupt. Traffic fines were pocketed by the city employees who collected them. Anyway I got got ticketed and I wasn't speeding. INNOCENT!!! I went to mayor's court and the clerk (who has since been arrested) told me the fine was around $200. I balked and she went on to say that if I paid cash it was $100 and there would be no points against my license.

I was 100% innocent but I'd rather pay $100 to be the victim of a small injustice than to pay $200 to be the victim of a big injustice.

FedEx will agree to a deal when the price is right and there is ample protection against liability.

MAKAVELI

You've got to be smarter than that.

I got ticketed for speeding in Arlington Heights, OH. The place is a notorious speed traffic, and was wonderfully corrupt. Traffic fines were pocketed by the city employees who collected them. Anyway I got got ticketed and I wasn't speeding. INNOCENT!!! I went to mayor's court and the clerk (who has since been arrested) told me the fine was around $200. I balked and she went on to say that if I paid cash it was $100 and there would be no points against my license.

I was 100% innocent but I'd rather pay $100 to be the victim of a small injustice than to pay $200 to be the victim of a big injustice.

FedEx will agree to a deal when the price is right and there is ample protection against liability.
Sorry Dano but your little " story " is no comparison to FedEx and its drug pushing policies. The fact is FedEx is not being singled out. The DEA is going after the big fish who have exploited the system to make huge profits by facilitating the shipment of prescription drugs illegally. FedEx just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

59 Dano

Sorry Dano but your little " story " is no comparison to FedEx and its drug pushing policies. The fact is FedEx is not being singled out. The DEA is going after the big fish who have exploited the system to make huge profits by facilitating the shipment of prescription drugs illegally. FedEx just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

I said that FDX would gladly pay a "go away and leave me alone" fine as soon as the terms were right. I wasn't "singled out," either, just one more that was caught in a wide net that existed for little more reason than to generate revenue -- just like FedEx.

As BB has said, the DEA allowed these places to keep selling drugs when they knew they were breaking the law. FedEx requests that the DEA give them a list of prohibited pharmacies, and the DEA says no. Then the DEA files charges against FedEx for doing business with those pharmacies.

Hmmm.

MAKAVELI

I said that FDX would gladly pay a "go away and leave me alone" fine as soon as the terms were right. I wasn't "singled out," either, just one more that was caught in a wide net that existed for little more reason than to generate revenue -- just like FedEx.

As BB has said, the DEA allowed these places to keep selling drugs when they knew they were breaking the law. FedEx requests that the DEA give them a list of prohibited pharmacies, and the DEA says no. Then the DEA files charges against FedEx for doing business with those pharmacies.

Hmmm.
Did you read the charges? The two companies FedEx conspired with were shut down. Now it's FedEx's turn to pay.

59 Dano

Comparing my self preservation tactics to Smith pushing prescription drugs is a real stretch. Keep trying, SuckBoy.

That's okay. I never knowingly aided and abetted a bulk cocaine dealer. Just think of it, because of your actions, a desperate addict got his powder and OD'd. BZ, MF!

59 Dano

Did you read the charges? The two companies FedEx conspired with were shut down. Now it's FedEx's turn to pay.

Yes I read the charges. The DEA kept refusing to provide the company with a list of known prohibited pharmacies. Why do you think that is?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes I read the charges. The DEA kept refusing to provide the company with a list of known prohibited pharmacies. Why do you think that is?

FedEx knew, buddy. Signed-off all the way to the top despite repeated courier complaints about "delivering dope" and warnings that the online pharmacies weren't legitimate. All that mattered was the money. Funny how you just popped-up from your knees and appeared here to do damage control.

It's a runaway train, Dano...and you can't stop it. I'm loving it.

59 Dano

FedEx knew, buddy. Signed-off all the way to the top despite repeated courier complaints about "delivering dope" and warnings that the online pharmacies weren't legitimate. All that mattered was the money. Funny how you just popped-up from your knees and appeared here to do damage control.

What is with you and the homoerotic comments about ME?

I know you are an admitted coke-runner.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What is with you and the homoerotic comments about ME?

I know you are an admitted coke-runner.

Your Matt's toy, and I'm OK with your lifestyle. I deliver drugs all the time, and it's not my business to screen my freight...it's Fred's. You can pretend we're not America's Drug "Airline"...but we are. If you went though my station's inbound every day, you'd have a lifetime of dope.

59 Dano

it's not my business to screen my freight...it's Fred's.

It's practically impossible to screen all the freight.

EDIT: You weren't asked to screen the freight, but when you see coke falling out of a bulk loaded package, anyone with a brain would have said something.

If you went though my station's inbound every day, you'd have a lifetime of dope.

I have a lifetime of dope just from reading your posts.