Zimmerman case - Found Not Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upsmule

The best solution in the case so far was the taking of his GUN RIGHTS immediately. The prevention of Zimmerman ever possessing a gun in the future was the best thing that could have happened in todays hearing.

The problem for zimmerman today was his own testimony. He spoke on the stand to Trayvons parents saying, he was sorry but he didnt know if Trayvon was armed.

WTF????

Reading between the lines, it goes to show that zimmermans thought process is still in the "profiling" mode, of course we all know black males are armed, why should zimmerman have thought otherwise?

This statement is troublesome for him in many ways. If on one hand zimmerman was worried that Trayvon was armed, why would he then chase him to an eventual confrontation if not to have the ultimate shoot out?

On the other hand, if zimmerman felt Trayvon was armed, why not just stay in his car and follow the directions given to him for his protection? He was in NO position to apprehend, confront, interrogate or solve any potential crimes.

A lot can be said for this statement.

It can be used against him at his trial. I hope it is. I would use it.

Peace

TOS
Can't we keep the vitriol and speculation out of this and stick to the presented evidence as it come along?

Eventually. Finally.

Eat the *****t out of those words TOS. Ostrich.

oldngray

nowhere special
Florida law is so confusing. The way I can understand the situation now is Zimmerman can claim immunity because he won his self defense case, If anyone tries to sue him he can have a stand your ground hearing (which would be easier for him to win now although the burden of proof would be on Zimmerman this time). If he wins his stand your ground case then he could collect all his legal fees from those who tried to sue him. So if anyone wants to risk suing him they can try, but if he wins his hearing they have to pay him, so it would be risky to sue. With all the politics behind Martin's family someone else would certainly pay the legal fees just to get them to sue. Zimmerman could be sued in federal court on a civil rights violation but very little chance of that because it has already been investigated by the feds and clearly not a civil rights case. Even if it was the government would have a very high burden of proof. I am not sure if this is all correct but my best understanding in a very confusing situation.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: George Zimmerman found Not Guilty

Nice. I think the Black Panthers have a handful of members these days, and the vast majority of African-Americans think they are idiots. Although I disagree with the verdict, I heard some commentary last night that made sense. It's apparently very difficult to get a Second Degree Murder conviction in Florida. The prosecution should have never gone for "Murder 2", but should have tried to get Zimmerman on Manslaughter instead. Game over.

[h=1]Dershowitz to Newsmax: 'Prosecutorial Tyrant' Violated Zimmerman's Rights[/h]
Famed defense lawyer and Harvard law professor Alan M. Dershowitz is calling for a federal investigation into civil rights violations stemming from the George Zimmerman case — but he says the probe should focus on prosecutorial misconduct rather than on allegations of racial profiling and bias.
Dershowitz said the jury’s finding that Zimmerman was not guilty of either second-degree murder or manslaughter was “the right verdict.”
“I think there were violations of civil rights and civil liberties — by the prosecutor,” said the criminal-law expert. “The prosecutor sent this case to a judge, and willfully, deliberately, and in my view criminally withheld exculpatory evidence.”

He added: “They denied the judge the right to see pictures that showed Zimmerman with his nose broken and his head bashed in. The prosecution should be investigated for civil rights violations, and civil liberty violations.”

Dershowitz said the second-degree murder case should never have gone to trial considering the flimsy evidence against Zimmerman. He also does not believe it was strong enough to be submitted to a jury for deliberation.

Dershowitz tells Newsmax he expects there will probably be a lawsuit filed against Zimmerman for civil damages. He said civil-damage cases require a lower standard of proof that a wrong has been committed, and Zimmerman would not be able to avoid testifying.

But Dershowitz adds: “I don’t know where you’ll find a lawyer who is prepared to bring it, because it has very little chance of success.”

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That should help Zimmerman, but in this whole mess I have yet to see a point where the facts mattered. They will pursue him and they will lose if it goes to a jury trial. Zimmerman is an innocent man persecuted by a media more interested in boosting its ratings than broadcasting the truth.

The MSNBC type media wants to try him for being a racist.

That helps boost their ratings and appeals to their audience.

​Zim was not on trial for being a racist ... therefore, the disconnect.

island1fox

Re: George Zimmerman found Not Guilty

No.

Through no fault of their own.... they are mental midgets.

Fueled on by people like this.

Tell me we do not live in LA-LA LAND. A Mexican Man that claimed he leaned left politically, supported Obama shoots and kills a Black Teenager.

The Black Panthers above state they are going to burn down the houses of White People --sure it all makes sense !!!

2uigb9w.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Martin / Zimmerman case

It is important to point out that the Black Panthers are to the black population as a whole what the Ku Klux Klan is to the white population as a whole. Both groups are extremists whose views are not worthy of the attention that they gain.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It is important to point out that the Black Panthers are to the black population as a whole what the Ku Klux Klan is to the white population as a whole. Both groups are extremists whose views are not worthy of the attention that they gain.

Exactly.

The "New" Black Panthers were trying to influence the outcome of the trial.... with racial intimidation.

trickpony1

Hey bbsam-
Remember the riots that you asked about right after the verdict?
On TV was some footage of burning, rioting and looting. I knew it wouldn't take long.

On a side note.....maybe Obama should create a government job for "King" Shabazz (NBP) at the White House (no pun intended).
What do you think?

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Trickpony! I found it you gullible people. That was video of rioting in Vancouver Canada after a soccer match. Circa 2011 by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.