Now the rest of the story comes out:
TM did not live in Sanford-- lived in Miami
Tm was suspended from school- in possession of stolen Goods
Tm was high on Marijuana the night of his death
Picture of TM used by most media outlets -was a few years old

old news .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I always enjoyed the fact that his loving father did not report him missing until the next day . After all he had only run to the store during a half time break , yet no one thought it strange the he hadn't returned .

bbsam

Staff member
Holder will just keep the investigation "open" without any charges, because there is no basis for any charges. He will just claim he is doing something to try to please people like Sharpton and NAACP.

I think this is incorrect. I think the FBI investigation was put on hold during the state proceedings. Also I think we are getting things confused as far as investigations go. Holder would head up a DOJ investigation separate from the stillincomplete FBI probe.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam-
You still haven't answered the question I posed in post 827.
Will Eric Holder and the DOJ launch an investigation into the death of the whitey waitress caused by 3 black kids because they wanted her tip money?

I did enjoy how you minimized the Oakland reaction to the verdict though. I guess Rodney King set the standard for how riots will be gauged in the future.

To question 1, I have no idea. Maybe that's a discussion for its own thread. To the second, I am not the one who brought up Rodney King in this thread. I had questioned why people would assume there soul be rioting and I believe it was you who asked me where I was at that time and did I see what happened to Reginald Denny. So I would have to say it was so.ebody other than me who set that as the standard.

bbsam

Staff member
Justice has and is being served. Zimmerman was found not guilty. The process has borne itself out and its other aspects will carry on to their conclusions.

Now the thing that is so damn frustrating is that so many people are ok with that. They see nothing wrong. In 2013 it finally surfaced that I am RELIEVED THAT MY KIDS DONT LOOK BLACK. They have been born with a defense mechanism, a cammo that blends them in so they are far less likely to be pursued by the Zimmermans of the world.

And there's nothing wrong with that? This is how it's supposed to be in America 2013? And those who would act judiciously to change that are troublemakers who should shut up and act right? No. This is a problem in my country and it isn't going to fix itself. That my children won't feel it doesn't make it not a problem.

Upsmule

Justice has and is being served. Zimmerman was found not guilty. The process has borne itself out and its other aspects will carry on to their conclusions.

Now the thing that is so damn frustrating is that so many people are ok with that. They see nothing wrong. In 2013 it finally surfaced that I am RELIEVED THAT MY KIDS DONT LOOK BLACK. They have been born with a defense mechanism, a cammo that blends them in so they are far less likely to be pursued by the Zimmermans of the world.

And there's nothing wrong with that? This is how it's supposed to be in America 2013? And those who would act judiciously to change that are troublemakers who should shut up and act right? No. This is a problem in my country and it isn't going to fix itself. That my children won't feel it doesn't make it not a problem.

No. What you've described is hardly a problem in your country. Race baiting is. Along with thought police clowns like Sharpton and Jackson that our justice system has proven to be in the wrong!

I hope the thought police and their willfully clueless ilk will be forced to pay for re stoking the flames of racial tension in a country that, thanks to the likes of them, is only worse now.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think this is incorrect. I think the FBI investigation was put on hold during the state proceedings. Also I think we are getting things confused as far as investigations go. Holder would head up a DOJ investigation separate from the stillincomplete FBI probe.

There are very high requirements for a civil rights case and the Zimmerman case simple doesn't qualify. DOJ "could" charge Zimmerman but they really don't like to lose cases so only charge cases they are sure to win. Its just political grandstanding.

bbsam

Staff member
No. What you've described is hardly a problem in your country. Race baiting is. Along with thought police clowns like Sharpton and Jackson that our justice system has proven to be in the wrong!

I hope the thought police and their willfully clueless ilk will be forced to pay for re stoking the flames of racial tension in a country that, thanks to the likes of them, is only worse now.

It is a huge problem. And your attempt to paint Zimmerman as a victim is ridiculous. But you haven't been pulled over for "driving while black" so like much of the country, you don't see the problem. I get that. But it isn't going away and there's no reason Sharpton and others should dial it back. Yes, this is bigger than the Zimmerman case. Race in America is still a huge deal.

bbsam

Staff member
There are very high requirements for a civil rights case and the Zimmerman case simple doesn't qualify. DOJ "could" charge Zimmerman but they really don't like to lose cases so only charge cases they are sure to win. Its just political grandstanding.

All true. But the DOJ has yet to open an investigation and the FBI suspended theirs during the trial. No reason to back off though. I and others find some very troubling truths evident in this case and there is nothing wrong with moving to change them. Why should we accept something we find oppressive, unjust, and degrading? I'm not a second class citizen. You don't like race? The prosecution said this case wasn't about race. Bull$#it. Zimmermans own words show it. His profiling shows it. He knew a young black man had been burglarizing the neighborhood. Guess who therefore needed to be followed and reported. Say what you want, but that is profiling. And there is nothing wrong with that? Somehow blacks are to at all times appear unthreatening but in the minds of Zimmerman and others, black is threatening. There is something very wrong with that.

oldngray

nowhere special
All true. But the DOJ has yet to open an investigation and the FBI suspended theirs during the trial. No reason to back off though. I and others find some very troubling truths evident in this case and there is nothing wrong with moving to change them. Why should we accept something we find oppressive, unjust, and degrading? I'm not a second class citizen. You don't like race? The prosecution said this case wasn't about race. Bull$#it. Zimmermans own words show it. His profiling shows it. He knew a young black man had been burglarizing the neighborhood. Guess who therefore needed to be followed and reported. Say what you want, but that is profiling. And there is nothing wrong with that? Somehow blacks are to at all times appear unthreatening but in the minds of Zimmerman and others, black is threatening. There is something very wrong with that.

Did you know that a couple of black kids were raised in Zimmerman's family for several years and he even took a black girl to his high school prom? He was a cop wannabee but he wasn't racist. And his profiling of Martin was his clothes which were how a local gang dressed (from a statement by Detective Serino but not mentioned at the trial). Martin wasn't in that gang but tried to imitate them.

bbsam

Staff member
Is being in a gang or dressing like it a crime? Was it a black gang? And I have said it before, I don't believe Zimmerman is a racist. But not being a racist doesn't make it all right. Trayvon Martin had every right to be where he was and quite frankly, didn't owe Zimmerman or anyone else any explanation.

oldngray

nowhere special
Is being in a gang or dressing like it a crime? Was it a black gang? And I have said it before, I don't believe Zimmerman is a racist. But not being a racist doesn't make it all right. Trayvon Martin had every right to be where he was and quite frankly, didn't owe Zimmerman or anyone else any explanation.

And Martin didn't need to start the physical altercation with Zimmerman. Everything else that happened is just noise. Was Zimmerman stalking Martin? Legally no, not even if he was following. All that Martin needed to do is not escalate the situation. He decided to beat up the creepy cracker who was following him and made the mistake of attacking an armed man.

ZJ NOMAD

Re: George Zimmerman found Not Guilty

No.

Through no fault of their own.... they are mental midgets.

Fueled on by people like this.

2uigb9w.jpg

Crenshaw district saw it's fair share of vandalism today, 13 were arrested. - King Shamir Shabawhatever YOUR A LIER!

Upsmule

It is a huge problem. And your attempt to paint Zimmerman as a victim is ridiculous. But you haven't been pulled over for "driving while black" so like much of the country, you don't see the problem. I get that. But it isn't going away and there's no reason Sharpton and others should dial it back. Yes, this is bigger than the Zimmerman case. Race in America is still a huge deal.

Oh it's a problem alright. But hardly for the reasons you want to believe.

bbsam

Staff member
And Martin didn't need to start the physical altercation with Zimmerman. Everything else that happened is just noise. Was Zimmerman stalking Martin? Legally no, not even if he was following. All that Martin needed to do is not escalate the situation. He decided to beat up the creepy cracker who was following him and made the mistake of attacking an armed man.

he made the mistake of standing his ground against an armed man? Being armed probably determines that it's Zimmerman 's ground and not Martin's.

oldngray

nowhere special
he made the mistake of standing his ground against an armed man? Being armed probably determines that it's Zimmerman 's ground and not Martin's.

Nope. Standing his ground is NOT attacking Zimmerman. Stand your ground is a defense law. Not an excuse for offensive action. Martin didn't like Zimmerman watching him ( walking around in the dark in the rain peeking into windows, and if Martin had gone straight home from the 7-11 he would have been home a lot sooner). 10-15 min to get the skittles and watermelon drink, 40-45 min to get back. He might have been checking out the neighborhood. No proof but his actions WERE suspicious. And why was Martin so paranoid about being watched? Nothing Zimmerman did would give Martin an excuse to invoke stand your ground.

Upsmule

A majority of PEOPLE in this country have been against discrimination since well before 1864.

The flames of hatred bitterness and un-forgiveness are easily stoked by PEOPLE who's careers depend on divide and concur politics and social policies.

And apologists for them like you just allow them to keep throwing fuel on the fire. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.