‘Most Dangerous Figure in American Politics’

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I love that the Democrats have finally come out and admitted they are the party of big corporations.

Especially after coming out as the party of forever wars with their anti peace in Ukraine foreign policy.

Nice to see Democrats finally being honest.

Mutineer

Fortunately the woke businesses are doing themselves in.

I'm having trouble believing that.

1: Business (Disney, Bud Light, etc, etc) makes a bold marketing move and/or goes Woke.

2: Business suffers and money is lost. Corporate heads on sticks.

3: The Right rejoices.

4: Instead of running the other direction, other business follow suit and also lose money.

Repeat.

This does not make sense. Nobody likes to lose money.

There is missing information, and or lies in all of those stories somewhere.

vantexan

All those construction companies in Florida are woke? All those Disney contracts heading to other states are woke?

And this is a model you want other states to embrace?

Ok.
You think Florida is falling apart? We're booming. Disney can go pound sand.

vantexan

1: Business (Disney, Bud Light, etc, etc) makes a bold marketing move and/or goes Woke.

4: Instead of running the other direction, other business follow suit and also lose money.

Repeat.

From decades of watching the corporate world it seems to me that if they think a trend has gained traction and will make them money they get onboard with it until proven otherwise. This coupled with the fact that today's young bright executives full of ideas were yesterday's indoctrinated college students, and we're seeing decades of liberal plotting come to fruition. They're in our government, our corporations, they're in our schools, they sit on school boards, they're even in our churches. They've been emboldened by the breakthrough in gay marriage and it has come to a head with the election of Joe Biden and for two years a Democratic controlled Congress. They appear to believe the time is now to completely change society and suddenly we're seeing it everywhere. Those advertising campaigns at Miller and Target didn't spring up in response to Bud Light. They were many months in the making and they decided to go through with them in spite of Bud Light because it represents their values. In the background of all this the Biden administration is pushing ESG: Environmental, Social, and Governance. Corporations are given scores based on their impact on those three areas. How does that impact us? For example oil companies are given low ESG scores which banks are using to determine whether to loan them money. A lot of wildcatter oil companies can't get the financing they need to do exploration and drilling. The government is hamstringing them behind the scenes. All part of the push to completely change how everything is done. It's why DeSantis just signed into law a ban on using ESG scores by state government to determine how tax revenue is invested.

Mutineer

From decades of watching the corporate world it seems to me that if they think a trend has gained traction and will make them money they get onboard with it until proven otherwise.

That is obvious to me and I agree.
In the background of all this the Biden administration is pushing ESG: Environmental, Social, and Governance. Corporations are given scores based on their impact on those three areas. How does that impact us? For example oil companies are given low ESG scores which banks are using to determine whether to loan them money.

If that is true and being practiced, that should be very disturbing to anybody who can see beyond his own nose.
Those advertising campaigns at Miller and Target didn't spring up in response to Bud Light. They were many months in the making and they decided to go through with them in spite of Bud Light because it represents their values.

Sooo "Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead" is the new marketing mantra?
we're seeing decades of liberal plotting come to fruition.

No news to me. As a Californian I've watched that critter grow from a pullet to a 1-ton hydra!

Mutineer

I am very afraid of today's liberals.

Although much of what they're pushing is toxic and disturbing, it's what they are provoking that worries me the most.

If the Right gets a leg up on the Left, they're not going to stop when they tap out. What will be on the mat will resemble hairy melted strawberry ice cream.

Sooo much suffering and unintended consequences when to be sane and reasonable is a sure way to be a victim.

bbsam

Staff member

Repeat.

It doesn’t make sense because it’s not real. Anyone who’s paid attention to FedEx stock in the last 12 months can tell that.