“I believe” statements with Integrity

floridays

@floridays

Yes or no?

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved-- Mark 16:15
Did Jesus command (after his death and before his ascension ) his disciples to preach this to all the world... that belief & baptism equaled salvation?
No.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Holy Spirit baptism (given miraculous power) was done twice and only twice in scripture and both times were for a specific purpose. Acts 2 and Acts 10
Your claim that these passages are not water baptism reflects your infancy in the scripture and lack of knowledge. You have never received Holy Spirit baptism that is found in the scripture, nor anyone else living today.
Repentance is simply a turning around . A determined change to go from doing wrong to doing right.
Paul says there is only one baptism in Eph.4 It is the one Peter, Paul, and all the Apostles taught.
You deny.

BrownFlush

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
1. V16:" He who believes and is baptized shall be saved."
According to Jesus, the gospel to be preached (V15) was belief & baptism = Salvation (V16) Yes or No?

2. Acts 2:37&38 "Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins,"
After Peter's sermon in Acts 2, they realized and believed Jesus as the son of God and they had killed him. In V37 They ask what can they do? Notice Peter diid not say, "Eh... you believed , go home and have a good one."
Did Peter say that repentance & baptism = forgiveness of your sins. Yes or No?

3. In Acts 22, Paul after encountering and being blinded by Jesus on the road to Damascus. Believed Jesus and asked him what to do. He was told by Jesus to go to Damascus and it would be told to him what to do....

V12“And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, came to me, and standing by me said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight.’ And at that very hour I received my sight and saw him.And he said, ‘The God of our fathers appointed you to know his will, to see the Righteous One and to hear a voice from his mouth; 15for you will be a witness for him to everyone of what you have seen and heard. 16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’'
Paul believed and yet in verse 16 (Acts 22) He was told to be baptized.
Did Paul have sins to wash away in the act of baptism? Yes or No?

4.In discussing the flood (water) in 1 Peter 3. Peter says this in V 21 "Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ "
Does Peter say that baptism saves? Yes or No?

Four yes or no questions. Focus Focus Focus. You can do it.

BrownFlush

No.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
The bold print makes it exciting.
If one does NOT believe , he will NOT be baptized. Nor is he a candidate for baptism. The Lord knew this and understood language and what he commanded to be preached.
The Lord did waste words or time. It was unnecessary to say BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT AND IS BAPTIZED NOT SHALL BE DAMNED.

So you say no to question one.
You have three more. You can do it. Focus Focus.

floridays

If one does NOT believe , he will NOT be baptized. Nor is he a candidate for baptism. The Lord knew this and understood language and what he commanded to be preached.
The Lord did waste words or time. It was unnecessary to say BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT AND IS BAPTIZED NOT SHALL BE DAMNED.

Just bringing to your attention that you did not quote the entire verse.

Deceivers generally don't though.

BrownFlush

Just bringing to your attention that you did not quote the entire verse.

Deceivers generally don't though.
I quoted what I quoted right. Not penning the whole verse is not a misquote.
You have no response to this ?

floridays

I quoted what I quoted right. Not penning the whole verse is not a misquote.

Why didn't he say

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that is baptized not shall be damned?.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

This is the true baptism. water baptism is a picture of this.

BrownFlush

This is how you responded. Which is/was answered above.
Why didn't he say

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that is baptized not shall be damned?.
I'll do it again. /try to respond to this...
You jumped over my response. There is no attempt to deceive.
There is however an attempt by you to bounce all over the place and not discuss pointed questions and focus on everything but what is being discussed. This means either you don't have the ability to have a discussion or you don't have an answer and refuse to be honest. Right now, I'm not sure which. I think it might be a little of both.

After you respond to this, there are 3 more questions you have yet to attempt to answer.
After you do(we can only hope) I will be more than happy to discuss the new material you injected, Gal. 3.

I really thought you could read. Focus. Focus. You can do it.

Last edited:

floridays

This is how you responded. Which is/was answered above.

I'll do it again. /try to respond to this...

You jumped over my response. There is no attempt to deceive.
There is however an attempt by you to bounce all over the place and not discuss pointed questions and focus on everything but what is being discussed.
After you respond to this, there is 3 more questions you have yet to attempt to answer.
After you do(we can only hope) I will be more than happy to discuss the new material you injected, Gal. 3.

I really thought you could read. Focus. Focus. You can do it.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

I'm not your wife, you don't direct me.

BrownFlush

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

I'm not your wife, you don't direct me.
After pleading over and over, you still refuse ( it is painfully obvious) to answer the questions or discuss in a common ground manner and offer nothing. You have been shown to be wrong by the plain teaching of Scripture which you disregard. You can't answer because just these few verses (there are many more) prove your position false. Also added to that is your own inability. I'm embarrassed for you.

Two things happen to an honest man when he is seeking the truth. 1. When he sees it, he stops looking. Or, 2. He stops being honest. You are dishonest.

As for your new material you brought on the scene (Gal.3:27) without answering any of the plain yes and no previous questions ( again, I was embarrassed for you in your response, or lack of, to question one.) You butchered it up so bad. It's probably best you refused to answer the others.

You introduced Galatians 3:27 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
Paul beautifully explains two of the many things that happen when one is baptized.
That act of obedience puts one" into" Christ and puts Christ "on" one.
A relationship exist that did not exist before baptism. One is "in" Christ. Not "outside" of Christ. One who is "in" Christ is in a place where all spiritual blessings are. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us "IN"Christ with every spiritual blessing...Eph. 1:3 Looks like "in" Christ is the place to be. To be "outside" of Christ has no benefit.
These spiritual blessings include but are not limited to the forgiveness of sins to those "in" Christ. (a relationship)

1.I wonder. In these plain bible passages do you believe that baptism puts one "in" Christ? Yes or No?
2. Without baptism, according to Gal.3:27, can one be "in" Christ? Yes or no?
3.Do you think , according to these passages, that one can be where all spiritual blessings are without baptism? Yes or No?
4.According to these passages, do you believe one is "outside" (not in a relationship) of Christ until one is baptized? Yes or No?

Far be it that you answer these pointed questions. You continue to refuse to answer any. Dishonesty toward others is bad. But, lying to yourself is another level.
How much pleading do you need to answer the above four questions?

Just a reminder. If you get on a roll and want to answer other yes or no questions that were presented before....You failed to to even make an attempt to address these....
2. Acts 2:37&38 "Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins,"
After Peter's sermon in Acts 2, they realized and believed Jesus as the son of God and they had killed him. In V37 They ask what can they do? Notice Peter diid not say, "Eh... you believed , go home and have a good one."
Did Peter say that repentance & baptism = forgiveness of your sins. Yes or No?

3. In Acts 22, Paul after encountering and being blinded by Jesus on the road to Damascus. Believed Jesus and asked him what to do. He was told by Jesus to go to Damascus and it would be told to him what to do....

V12“And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, came to me, and standing by me said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight.’ And at that very hour I received my sight and saw him.And he said, ‘The God of our fathers appointed you to know his will, to see the Righteous One and to hear a voice from his mouth; 15for you will be a witness for him to everyone of what you have seen and heard. 16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’'
Paul believed and yet in verse 16 (Acts 22) He was told to be baptized.
Did Paul have sins to wash away in the act of baptism? Yes or No?

4.In discussing the flood (water) in 1 Peter 3. Peter says this in V 21 "Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ "
Does Peter say that baptism saves? Yes or No?

Last edited: