rod

Retired 22 years
Hard to believe I've made that many posts. When I joined Brown Café back in 2001 I did so as a way to keep in touch with a lifestyle I had lived for thirty years. I know my profile says I joined 2006 but for some reason back then I got deleted and had to sign up all over again. During all that time I have enjoyed everyone on here with only ONE exception. UPS has changed dramatically since I retired and as an outside observer I don't believe I could now work for the "Big Brother is watching" company it has turned into. My hats off to all of you who "give it hell" day after day for little or no recognition.:bow:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Hard to believe I've made that many posts. When I joined Brown Café back in 2001 I did so as a way to keep in touch with a lifestyle I had lived for thirty years. I know my profile says I joined 2006 but for some reason back then I got deleted and had to sign up all over again. During all that time I have enjoyed everyone on here with only ONE exception. UPS has changed dramatically since I retired and as an outside observer I don't believe I could now work for the "Big Brother is watching" company it has turned into. My hats off to all of you who "give it hell" day after day for little or no recognition.:bow:
Of the 10k, how many were irrelevant YouTube videos?

god bless you Rod. Have a pint for me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Way to go Rod. If the wife saw my post cost she might kill me.

I already hear "I guess browncafe is more important than me" all the time.

Then I say ok what do you want to do? Her reply watch tv together. SMH

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe BC started in 1998?

BC started as a personal home pages through our cable company so I don't have a record of when that was. I think that was in 1999, but it could have been 1998. When we started getting too much traffic for the freebie personal web page this domain was registered. The recorded registration date was 1999-10-12.

Here's a link to an old thread: How did BrownCafe come to be what it is today?

Why s robomod on the list?

Robomod is an account used to automatically post press release feeds and occasionally other content. That must have built up its post count.