$10 in damage to your vehicle = warning letter ?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I've heard that there is a new rule where if you have more than $10 of damage to your vehicle, you'll get a letter. Someone told me that a tree branch hit and broke a windshield on a truck and that person got a letter.

Two weeks ago our Sr. Mgr. mentioned to us in the AM meeting that we should report any type of incident that happens on road no matter what. He was talking about mystery damage that we might find stating that no matter how slight we may think it is, we have to report it. He has not said anything about this new $10 rule.

It sure seems to me that FDX is looking for any way it can to get you your 3 letters and get rid of you.

starglacier

I've heard that there is a new rule where if you have more than $10 of damage to your vehicle, you'll get a letter. Someone told me that a tree branch hit and broke a windshield on a truck and that person got a letter.

Two weeks ago our Sr. Mgr. mentioned to us in the AM meeting that we should report any type of incident that happens on road no matter what. He was talking about mystery damage that we might find stating that no matter how slight we may think it is, we have to report it. He has not said anything about this new $10 rule.

It sure seems to me that FDX is looking for any way it can to get you your 3 letters and get rid of you.

Yes any minor scratch on your truck that you don't report and the mechanic feels its recent damage to the truck you are in trouble.

SmithBarney

Yeah we got the same information we had to sign off on(well some people did)
one line in the document said something to this effect "if your vehicle comes in
contact with anything branch, animal, stationary object, another vehicle, etc....
you are to stop immediately and contact your manager"

We have many many miles of rural delivery area, I've encouraged my co-CRRs to call
the manager anytime they touch a twig, hit a bug, bird, etc.

There are some routes in which 50% of the deliveries include a rural unimproved
road that necessitates touching leaves, or the occasional branch. You could
potentially call the manager every 10-15 minutes...

Either that or just stop delivering to those areas, and bring it back as undeliverable...
eventually if CRR stood together management would figure it out, its unreasonable
to think in our line of business that a tree branch(I'm talking small ones folks) will
touch a Van. Wear and Tear on vehicles is a cost of doing business, of course if you
into a tree, car, or something that causes real damage, of course you would have
to deal with that appropriately.

Most people can't make it 15k miles a year without a scratch on their personal vehicles,
you expect a CRR van to make it 40k?(thats how much on average our vans(Econolines) put on.