%100 ORION

I drink IPAs
Try not to cry too hard.
IMG_20200201_162552198.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I do have some questions though. How’s it gonna optimize the air I drove by on the way to my bulk stops Thursday that it had as my 24th stop? I didn’t get 25 stops off until lunch.

By the time it realized I wasn’t gonna make it it would have been too late. Either it was missed or the air for bulk stops was missed if I didn’t deliver it before the bulk stops started.
It's all just bs for the shareholders.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I don’t understand what the problem was with RDO. I get the MapNav simply because no matter what new guys are going to be on their phones looking up addresses when going out blind, at least this way is much safer than fumbling around with a phone. With RDO all you had to do was talk to the bid guy about how to get all the air done in a way that makes sense and any important information about when RDL RDR is on trace, time commits, pickup locations etc. I wrote it down on a notepad stuck it to the dash and enjoyed the wonders of stop for stop right turns. All they had to do was give RDO the mapnav and learning new routes would be so damn easy.
Instead, learning a business route blind is a miserable experience. You’re basically trying to put together a puzzle on the DIAD on top of all the stress of commits, running the route properly even though it’s a busy area and you have no idea where you are going. Not only does the system not work, it’s made things so much worse that it absolutely baffles me.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
i agree with 100% orion. with the exception of sercive commits. because we all know if we were in RDO we'd make those commits. break off, then go right back to trace. and so on and so forth.

Dumbo

I started following Orion stop for stop when I started getting talked to about being over allowed for shaving miles off my route. Ok. You want to punish me for being more efficient? Fine. I'll purposely waste gas, miles, and time to meet your billion dollar mistake numbers.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I gave my management a choice.
(A) Give me RDO and allow me to follow the methods and be productive and efficient and do my job the right way, or
(B) Give me ODO and watch me (1) turn my brain off and blindly follow ORION 100% until I run out of fuel (2) bring half my route back missed on the tow truck at 11:00 every night (3) go on the 9.5 list and (4) file an Art 37 grievance.
I’m not bluffing or playing games. Those are the only two options.

I still have RDO.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
What, Carls Jr's ask you to leave early.....
That the best you got?

Or do you need your District Manager to tell you a better insukt
(A) Give me RDO and allow me to follow the methods and be productive and efficient and do my job the right way, or
(B) Give me ODO and watch me (1) turn my brain off and blindly follow ORION 100% until I run out of fuel (2) bring half my route back missed on the tow truck at 11:00 every night (3) go on the 9.5 list and (4) file an Art 37 grievance.

I still have RDO.
Bologna

Overpaid Union Thug

I still have RDO.
I’m still as close to 100% that I can get everyday. They normally refuse to turn ODO off here. Occasionally (rarely) they’ll switch to the tighter “Helper ORION” if the loads are bricked out/full of furniture but they get scolded by IE for that if the route isn’t at least 275 pieces. Or something like that. Our dispatcher made the mistake of telling me that a few years ago. I’ll bring it up on days when there’s no furniture, the aisle is clear, and the packages are average/smaller and easy to find. ORION was left on all during peak this year. That’s the first time that’s happened. So, it here to stay but at least my stop counts are much lower.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I’m still as close to 100% that I can get everyday. They normally refuse to turn ODO off here. Occasionally (rarely) they’ll switch to the tighter “Helper ORION” if the loads are bricked out/full of furniture but they get scolded by IE for that if the route isn’t at least 275 pieces. Or something like that. Our dispatcher made the mistake of telling me that a few years ago. I’ll bring it up on days when there’s no furniture, the aisle is clear, and the packages are average/smaller and easy to find. ORION was left on all during peak this year. That’s the first time that’s happened. So, it here to stay but at least my stop counts are much lower.
Here they are allowed to turn ORION off for 2 or 3 routes per day. Mine is one of them.
I have two towns on my route that are 10 miles apart and it wants me to make 7 or 8 round trips between the two towns, delivering 1 or 2 stops each time. I literally do not have enough fuel to do that.