Orion 100%

newolddude

Does anyone know if they send IT people out with drivers to see ORION in action and failing? I know someone that works for a major cable company as a tech and he has IT people with him and his group all the time. And he’s seen his recommendation implemented. Yes, it might take a some time, but it gets done.

If a :censored2:ty cable company can fix things, why can’t UPS?

Last edited:

Whither

Scofflaw
Had the exact training about a year ago. On the same day I sheeted a damaged package as missing and long after I got a phone call from a supervisor telling me to resheet as refused with damaged in the remarks
1. Don't field phone calls from supes, make them communicate via the board -- you want a record of any shady "instructions".

2. I've gone round after round with mgmt on diad messages over things like that and the result has been, they "instruct" me to sheet as missed (LMAO, I've already been instructed to sheet such pkgs as missed). They've also liked to play games with LIBs that I have to leave on the boxline due to obvious damage. No problem. I snap a photo of the label. Notify them in person and via the board before leaving that if I do not get confirmation that the pkg has a "building scan" on it, I will sheet it as missed at the end of the day. I remind them "Every package gets a scan. So it is my responsibility to ensure that this pkg does not wind up on the DNED report tomorrow." Usually I spend an extra 5-10 min on the clock at night having the OMS verify the pkg has been scanned and sending me a message to confirm it.

3. The former diad training here instructed us to sheet REF with "DMG" in the remarks if the recipient wished to RTS the pkg based on possible/known damage. If the recipient was not in, or business was closed, the pkg was still missed "DMG" and unloaded to the damage clerk at the end of the day.

4. Last week I sheeted a leaker that the customer refused as missed with "POSS DMG" in the remarks per the recent training. I sent in 2 messages explaining why. No issue. Next morning as I was pulling off the boxline my supe stopped me with the "MOR" (Missed On Road) report on his clipboard to ask about it. Again, no issue. "Package was a leaker, customer refused, and if you need a reminder I'll be happy to pull up a photo of the recent diad training." Supe nodded. I left and followed Orion as close to 100 percent as possible.

Last edited:

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
How has dynamic Orion been on the DIAD 6 for everyone? It seems to only change a few times a day now versus every 10 minutes. It’s still wrong lol. But at least it’s not constantly rearranging.

JustDeliverIt

How has dynamic Orion been on the DIAD 6 for everyone? It seems to only change a few times a day now versus every 10 minutes. It’s still wrong lol. But at least it’s not constantly rearranging.

Mine changes up in town still a few times a day, especially early on. Once I get out to my country work it seems not too, but probably doesn’t have a great signal.

Once I go back to town for pick ups I usually will get an “itinerary update”.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Mine changes up in town still a few times a day, especially early on. Once I get out to my country work it seems not too, but probably doesn’t have a great signal.

Once I go back to town for pick ups I usually will get an “itinerary update”.

Maybe the 6 is just so bad that the itinerary updates are no longer the most frustrating part anymore

Whither

Scofflaw
If we want a good contract in 2023 it's high time to follow Orion as much as possible without service failures. Let their plans go up in flames. Let the naysayers see it's not about spite, it's about working safely within the constraints the company has given us. There's no reason why a Teamster should be stressing to fix the company's botched plans. Take your time. Methods every stop you take, every move you make. Do it all the correct way.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
Plus, scrolling and finding stops is harder on the DIAD 6. Stops are now filled with unnecessary information which clutters everything up, instead of just a # and street.
you can change that in the settings. upper right corner menu, sprocket icon at the bottom, then the option is in the middle, where the default says "verbose" the other options are "compact" and "classic".

JustDeliverIt

you can change that in the settings. upper right corner menu, sprocket icon at the bottom, then the option is in the middle, where the default says "verbose" the other options are "compact" and "classic".

Changing to compact is nicer IMO, but @JL 0513 is right. No page up/down function (at least that I have figured out). When you do scroll, if you tap a stop it highlights and thinks your going there next. Have to undo that. Software is not as user friendly as the 5.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Changing to compact is nicer IMO, but @JL 0513 is right. No page up/down function (at least that I have figured out). When you do scroll, if you tap a stop it highlights and thinks your going there next. Have to undo that. Software is not as user friendly as the 5.

Also when you change to compact it no longer shows you if a stop has CPAD notes or is sig required. It is an absolute piece of garbage

Whither

Scofflaw
Also when you change to compact it no longer shows you if a stop has CPAD notes or is sig required. It is an absolute piece of garbage
We're getting the 6 soon, I can't wait - sounds like it'll reliably shave another 15 stops off my 8 and 9.5 🤣 In the meantime my strike fund will grow. ✊

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
We're getting the 6 soon, I can't wait - sounds like it'll reliably shave another 15 stops off my 8 and 9.5 🤣 In the meantime my strike fund will grow. ✊

All the flaws with the software and the physical design are nothing on how the thing freezes up literally 10 to 20 times a day

JL 0513

Yeah, I tried using compact for a couple days and while it cleans things up, I was making mistakes not seeing the notes. Like walking away from a delivery that was signature required. I just deal with Verbose now.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
SUPERVISOR: GRRRR TAKE THE TRAINING

DRIVER: BUT SIR IT SAYS SHEET DAMAGES AS MISSED

SUPERVISOR: DO NOT DO THAT…GRRRR DONT LISTEN TO THE TRAINING JUST TAKE IT GRRR

🧔‍♂️✊

DSM515

Couldn’t they just change 1z to 1c for commercial stops and 1r for residential stops? Then at a certain time all 1c goes to top of board so you don’t have missed business? Seems like a pretty simple concept to me but they would rather have missed stops, lose money, than EVER EVER EVER listen to a Union Employee s idea😂😂😂

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Couldn’t they just change 1z to 1c for commercial stops and 1r for residential stops? Then at a certain time all 1c goes to top of board so you don’t have missed business? Seems like a pretty simple concept to me but they would rather have missed stops, lose money, than EVER EVER EVER listen to a Union Employee s idea😂😂😂

The new DIAD let’s you DR businesses as “private residence” if you want. Problem solved.