114° Friday, how hot was your delivery area?

MAKAVELI

I understand what you are saying but I will point this out. In my area, construction workers knock off at 3. The hottest part of the day. Never ever seen a firefighter work outside for 12 hours, and my brother is a firefighter. He always tells me how easy it is. Again, it may be different where you are from, but your comment is completely wrong over here. I wouldn’t call it inhumane, but it’s difficult. We also have the luxury of working and living in the US with a union, so why would I want to travel to other countries?
You obviously haven't talked to firefighters in Cali.

I bring up slavery because it's a comparison people here make all the time. Slavery is forced labor as a prisoner. We are making 6 figures for a job we can leave whenever we choose as well as gain the best healthcare in the country for free. My point being that comparing an at will job as slavery is actually insulting to those who have gone through it in the past. It cheapens it and makes it interchangeable and loses it's meaning.
We make good money because we are the hardest working laborer... The company shouldn’t be putting us through more torcher because of it.

Doubleparkedrunner

image.png

Got messages of drivers going to hospital for dehydration and not eating. Mgmt sending messages, if you run out water to break route and replenish. Like really?! I guess some of us need to be instructed....

A customer asked me the ol' classic question, "Do you have AC in your truck"?

Followed up by my answer, "Nah, UPS doesn't care about us"!

For those thinking of voting yes, just remember days such these. Rain, snow or hell on earth. You'll be out there in these conditions while they sit behind a desk.
1st ever post. Vote No, since some need to be instructed on things.

F

Frankie's Friend

In the Contract it states very clearly the company can not discipline using technology for "personal time." Defend on that and slap a harassment grievance on top!
How about not being disciplined for reporting an injury.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Fedex drivers have Ac... Why do People always settle for less! I just don’t under stand.
My FedEx boxtruck recently suffered a blown fan motor for the hvac.

fuse is good, compressor still ok, power to the wires good, just seized up after 3 years of constant use.

My manager said said:
parts on order, Okay to go!

1uS3pcF.jpg

I'm, FedEx Ground, where AC is one of the bennies we get,y'all!

I had a delivery to Wal-Mart that Saturday, so after I walked in to the site-to-store counter, I went for the fan section to get a 9" desk fan... All metal construction, like your stepvan quality ones....

Power inverter in my truck , so I has a home plug!

DSC_0001.JPG

Eat that, manager! I can now drive in comfort

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
My FedEx boxtruck recently suffered a blown fan motor for the hvac.

fuse is good, compressor still ok, power to the wires good, just seized up after 3 years of constant use.

I'm, FedEx Ground, where AC is one of the bennies we get,y'all!

I had a delivery to Wal-Mart that Saturday, so after I walked in to the site-to-store counter, I went for the fan section to get a 9" desk fan... All metal construction, like your stepvan quality ones....

Power inverter in my truck , so I has a home plug!

View attachment 201107

Eat that, manager! I can now drive in comfort
Lol your investor be like
vector-cartoon-happy-business-executive-260nw-442821448.jpg

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I guess so... once they get the replacement motor from the cheapest seller,

I'm moving that fan into the cargo section to circulate the air back thurr... having the bulkhead open and boxes strapped down is a plus

Last edited:

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Fedex drivers have Ac... Why do People always settle for less! I just don’t under stand.

I guess you have Stockholm syndrome... You will believe what ever the hostage takers (UPS) will say!
I heard Fedex facilities use Charmin extra soft too. Better TP for all. strike strike strike!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
How about not being disciplined for reporting an injury.
I am not saying this doesn't happen so don't think that way, but....OMFG a WC attorney would rape the ever living :censored2: out of the company if this could be proven!

dsc_0001-jpg.201107
[/QUOTE]
I have often wondered why every FedEx truck I have ever seen had an open BH door. You all strap it open!!!!

F

Frankie's Friend

I am not saying this doesn't happen so don't think that way, but....OMFG a WC attorney would rape the ever living :censored2: out of the company if this could be proven!

dsc_0001-jpg.201107
I have often wondered why every FedEx truck I have ever seen had an open BH door. You all strap it open!!!![/QUOTE]
Nice. Carnie delivery company.
SMH