$13.00 or $13.70?

Utah PT

Hi I'm a pt employee that started about 5 years ago. Our wages recently increased to $13.00 (15.00 in our region) and the new language scares me into thinking I won't receive the 70c gwi since my wages had been increased prior to this contract. Any insight would be helpful. I attached a picture of what I'm referencing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190501-153526_UPS Go.jpg
    Screenshot_20190501-153526_UPS Go.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 341

542thruNthru

Hi I'm a pt employee that started about 5 years ago. Our wages recently increased to $13.00 (15.00 in our region) and the new language scares me into thinking I won't receive the 70c gwi since my wages had been increased prior to this contract. Any insight would be helpful. I attached a picture of what I'm referencing.

You'll get your .70 cents.

WTFm8

If you’re currently making $12.30 or less you’re getting $13.

If you’re making $12.31+ you’re getting $13.01+

It’s not that hard.

Utah PT

If you’re currently making $12.30 or less you’re getting $13.

If you’re making $12.31+ you’re getting $13.01+

It’s not that hard.
In our region we got our pay moved up to 15$ in February 2018 before contract talks. So I'm making 15$. Just wanted to be clear with the new contract that the amount I made before wasnt "redlisted" predating the contract.

dogfood

Hey I have a similar question. I'm a PT employee who was making $12.00 an hour on August 1 2018. I hit my 3 year seniority in October 2018 and received a $1 raise putting me at $13. Today I checked my paystub and i'm still at $13.00 an hour. Should I have gotten the .70 gwi or no because I was making 12 on august 1?

upschuck

Hey I have a similar question. I'm a PT employee who was making $12.00 an hour on August 1 2018. I hit my 3 year seniority in October 2018 and received a $1 raise putting me at $13. Today I checked my paystub and i'm still at $13.00 an hour. Should I have gotten the .70 gwi or no because I was making 12 on august 1?
No $13 would have gone into effect Aug 1. So your retro is from Aug 1 through Oct when you got your raise.

No

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
So I was also making 12 an hour before August 1st 2018. My anniversary is on February. I got my 1$ raise February of 2019 which made it to $13 an hour. I’m guessing I won’t be getting the .70 cent gwi correct?
So my retro would be from August 1st to February?
I’m also an air driver and since air drivers got raises to $16. Do I also get a retro for that?

mikejonesjr

Damn that is what I thought. Guess i'll act like its my first day on the job tomorrow since that is how they're paying me.
Yep 3-5 year employees can make the exact same as a new hire under this new contract depending on when they started. I think its the first time since the freaking 70s that this was possible since thats when everyone made the same amount and got no raises. "Best contract ever" tho.

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
Yep 3-5 year employees can make the exact same as a new hire under this new contract depending on when they started. I think its the first time since the freaking 70s that this was possible since thats when everyone made the same amount and got no raises. "Best contract ever" tho.
God this is :censored2:ing bull:censored2:. I’m almost 4 years in and imma be making that same as a gosh darn newbie. At least I’m an air driver.. still horse:censored2:.

SameRightsForAll

When a whole lot of new hires are now making the same as 3-4 year veterans, this is a defacto demotion for the veterans. The same goes for when a minimum wage increase happens. Those who have earned their wage increases the hard way find themselves equal to the new hires. Naturally the new hires won't object, and they probably think it's fair.

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
When a whole lot of new hires are now making the same as 3-4 year veterans, this is a defacto demotion for the veterans. The same goes for when a minimum wage increase happens. Those who have earned their wage increases the hard way find themselves equal to the new hires. Naturally the new hires won't object, and they probably think it's fair.
It really sucks when a newbie makes the same as a 4 year part timer. It really just pisses me off, I voted no but union still passed this “great contract ever”. Bs. At least I’m a PT air driver but now I’m more motivated to go full time. Unless I get tired of UPS’s. Bull crap.