18 months without a raise

MAKAVELI

Exactly. There has been one bump after the program began -- 2017.

You were promised a specific raise to a specific rate and you got it -- early. What makes you think a bump was in the plans for 2018?
They never promised anything. The only thing they promise and del on is playing games with raises. You conveniently omit the fact that topped out got screwed on future earnings by replacing the cola with a bonus.

floridays

ROTLFMAO!!!

There have only been 2 step increases, Oct '17 and spring '18. How can you say that something that's only happened once (the extra 2-3 percent) is what you'd normally get?
Here's some news for you, every employee is not under a step program, and many did not get an increase in earlier years when those that are currently included in the step program got one. If you were a manager you are fully aware of this. If you were a manager I would appreciate your responses in the future to deal with the complete truth. If you were a manager will you confirm what I said about raises in previous years?
The weeds can be cleared now, if you will not confirm what I said you either weren't in management or are a liar on this point. No other ground to claim.

Oldfart

So you would be happy with a 3% bonus and not a 3% raise? Do the math buckwheat, a raise is a better deal.
If you knew what you were talking about you would understand why topped out got a bonus instead of a raise. Maybe you can get a 5th grader to explain it to you.

Oldfart

Here's some news for you, every employee is not under a step program, and many did not get an increase in earlier years when those that are currently included in the step program got one. If you were a manager you are fully aware of this. If you were a manager I would appreciate your responses in the future to deal with the complete truth. If you were a manager will you confirm what I said about raises in previous years?
The weeds can be cleared now, if you will not confirm what I said you either weren't in management or are a liar on this point. No other ground to claim.
Everyone in DGO isn't covered by the 10 step plan? They sure are where I am. Maybe they just don't like you so they didn't invite you to their party.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They never promised anything. The only thing they promise and del on is playing games with raises. You conveniently omit the fact that topped out got screwed on future earnings by replacing the cola with a bonus.

Has anyone ever explained "topped out" to you?

59 Dano

I think we all know that not all FedEx Express employees are covered under the step program.

If you will not confirm [arbitrary demand], you're a liar. Liar.

59 Dano

First year was a bump.

The bump in 2016 was the raise that you earned over the previous year and were getting anyway. It was the final pay action of the old pay plan. Your pay was then rounded up to place you into the progression. It was done that way because it was the only way to get everyone into progression without cheating anyone out of his/her raise.

Anything else you need to be brought up to speed on?

MAKAVELI

The bump in 2016 was the raise that you earned over the previous year and were getting anyway. It was the final pay action of the old pay plan. Your pay was then rounded up to place you into the progression. It was done that way because it was the only way to get everyone into progression without cheating anyone out of his/her raise.

Anything else you need to be brought up to speed on?
It was a bump thank you for admitting that.

McFeely

Huge Member
If you knew what you were talking about you would understand why topped out got a bonus instead of a raise. Maybe you can get a 5th grader to explain it to you.

I got a 5.4% raise in April. What did you get? 1.5% bonus and another 1.5% bonus. My 5th grader just informed me that 5.4% > 3.0%. Bummer.

vantexan

I got a 5.4% raise in April. What did you get? 1.5% bonus and another 1.5% bonus. My 5th grader just informed me that 5.4% > 3.0%. Bummer.
But you got a raise because you aren't topped out. He got a bonus because he is topped out. Once you reach top of range, i.e. topped out, anything extra you get is a bonus.

!Retired!

They simply could have continued the same as the past two years and most would of been content.
Wrong...
You're right, nobody 'promised' anyone anything. We were told we were going to use the 10-step pay scale. In April, we (well, I did) got a bump up from step 8 to step 9. I'm pretty sure you got a bump up in step also, yet it's still not good enough. Go find the original memo announcing the 10 step plan and show me where the steps would be adjusted yearly (COLA).