$2.75 and then $7.50 or $7.50 total

Thebrownblob

That’s what I got to, but they’re tricky. 7.50 more per hour over the life of the contract is just that. Ft will top out at $49 hr. We’re at 41.60 now. So we got an inadequate inflation bump as well as less money over the life of the contract then last contract.
The raises are adequate if not spectacular, and pretty much right in line with what my predictions of between $6 and $8 an hour. I am, however, more interested in reading the actual language on some of these great WINS that we have had that will be the deciding factor of whether or not I vote yes.

Number-Nine

I would like to see contracts front loaded for people with <5 years seniority and back loaded for people with >5 years. There for, seniority members feel more appreciated...for lack of a better word.

Last edited:

Non liberal

The raises are adequate if not spectacular, and pretty much right in line with what my predictions of between $6 and $8 an hour. I am, however, more interested in reading the actual language on some of these great WINS that we have had that will be the deciding factor of whether or not I vote yes.
But it’s 4.75 over 4 years right? The 2.75 somewhat addresses inflation, but not entirely. So to me $4.75 is all we got compared to where we were at the end of the last contract.

Thebrownblob

But it’s 4.75 over 4 years right? The 2.75 somewhat addresses inflation, but not entirely. So to me $4.75 is all we got compared to where we were at the end of the last contract.
I understand what you’re saying, but I just don’t think it’s going to work that way.
I wish it did but you have to look at the contract as a whole and honestly we haven’t seen the whole contract yet if everything language wise is as good as we were told, it still overall very reasonably good contract.

Non liberal

Frankly I’m sorry, but these wins are bs anyway. We are better off not even including anything but money in the contract. The company makes these ridiculous jobs up just to take the negotiations away from the money in the first place.

Thebrownblob

Frankly I’m sorry, but these wins are bs anyway. We are better off not even including anything but money in the contract. The company makes these ridiculous jobs up just to take the negotiations away from the money in the first place.
Lol I’m pretty sure the company would love to get rid of all the rules, not to mention if the contract was only about money, we would be a lot easier to be gotten rid of.

screwPS

Social security recipients got almost 9% increases. Last I knew we use the same index as them...I think the $2.75 is our cola disguised as a our new raise we should get anyway

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Seriously? While I don't remember the numbers from each of the contracts that I worked under, I do know for a fact that I never received a $2.75/hr single year raise nor did I ever receive $7.50/hr over a 5 year contract.

COLA is based on CPI which neither the Union or Company have any control over.
Don’t remember asking, but also a no vote from me. If it was actually $10 over the life of the contract like the wording makes it sound, I might reconsider. 7.50 isn’t even enough to catch up to inflation. Feds are supposed to do another interest hike today too.

Non liberal

Seriously? While I don't remember the numbers from each of the contracts that I worked under, I do know for a fact that I never received a $2.75/hr single year raise nor did I ever receive $7.50/hr over a 5 year contract.

COLA is based on CPI which neither the Union or Company have any control over.
But you’ve received $5 over 4 years when there was no inflation or pandemic to work through, when the company made a lot less money. Or at least I have 2 contracts ago.

BobJ

Everyone 5yrs and under may get paid the same after August, but you will have 3 more vacation weeks and more seniority to go home early, or bid on easy jobs, than a new hire. There are still perks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don’t remember asking, but also a no vote from me. If it was actually $10 over the life of the contract like the wording makes it sound, I might reconsider. 7.50 isn’t even enough to catch up to inflation. Feds are supposed to do another interest hike today too.
Is it your employer's job to ensure that you are "caught up to inflation"?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
When they are making hundreds of billions off of OUR backs, while never touching a single package….yes. 100%.
You came back from the dead on this forum after preaching about riding off into the sunset. Any time I see you comment I get an overwhelming smell of garbage. Zero solidarity. Like management scum. What a shame it would be if you switched sides…. after retiring a Teamster 🤡

Non liberal

When they are raising their prices to do so and the employees have union representation then yes, we need caught up to our last contracts buying power. That is why the UPS founders invited the union into their company. There’s no reason not to, is there?