2019 Driver Helpers

Brotherrr

Don't mean to step on your debate here, but are helpers ever going to be called in this peak? Its 12/2 and I contacted my coordinator this morning but didn't get a Yes or No answer. Was kinda looking forward to this job (and the money) but so far, no work.
Thank you and again, I apologize if this post is inappropriate. I have enjoyed lurking on your forum. Lots of funny comments.

specter208

I have to make a correction. It wasn't 88 hours. It was only 85.91.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 72
Don't mean to step on your debate here, but are helpers ever going to be called in this peak? Its 12/2 and I contacted my coordinator this morning but didn't get a Yes or No answer. Was kinda looking forward to this job (and the money) but so far, no work.
Thank you and again, I apologize if this post is inappropriate. I have enjoyed lurking on your forum. Lots of funny comments.
Mondays are a little slow with them running Saturday routes. I can't promise you anything but tomorrow or Wednesday the S* is going to hit the fan

Good luck

specter208

It wouldn't surprise me if you get a call tomorrow.

specter208

I used TextReach to contact him. He's the guy I picked up my vest from so I figured texting him would be my best bet.
How far away are you from the center. I see helpers come in and start their shifts directly from the building and ride all day. It wouldn't hurt to show up and state your intent to work in person.

MattM

Lots of helper drama at my building. When they need you, you have to answer and drop everything you are doing. If they don't need you, you still have to be on call for the entire day. One dependable guy missed a call and called back within 2 minutes, and they gave his helper route to someone else.

Many call while we are still on our air Shift. They expect us to clock out early or something?

I think we're down to maybe 4-5 helpers who get anywhere from 3 to 8 hours a day, on top of the 4-5 in the hub. Most drive considerably out of their way at odd hours. We had 15-20 sign up initially.

I'd do it if they could get me with a guy in my neighborhood. But they loved dispatching me half way across the city for a undetermined time frame. Sometimes it was 2 hours. Sometimes 7-8.

9 years later, it still hasn't changed for the better. They're still disorganized.

Good luck. You may get a call. Be ready lol.

My first peak, I was used for two days. I was on call for 5 weeks. Nice $100 check that year lol.

Get in good with a driver and try to only have contact with him. Dispatch is a joke.