2019 Peak

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have to wonder if the "normal" procedure will still continue. What I mean by that - at my hub, us twilight guys.....we work from 6:15 to 10:00, and then they send us home. At that point, the sups take over and finish loading the trailers (clearing the belts), handling / loading irregs, etc. I'm still relatively new (started here in August) - so, can someone enlighten me as to why they are so determined to cut the loaders at 10 pm? Is overtime during non-peak season a taboo or something? To add to that - is this "routine" something to file over being that they are sending union workers home, and then doing the work of a union position?
Um, supervisor are not allowed to send union workers home then finish the work left

Justaloader

Um, supervisor are not allowed to send union workers home then finish the work left

Interestingly enough, happens daily in my hub. Just reviewed the contract (the master - not sure of the one specific for my region)....seems like a conversation with the steward in my building is in order. I'm curious to know what his thoughts are on the subject.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have to wonder if the "normal" procedure will still continue. What I mean by that - at my hub, us twilight guys.....we work from 6:15 to 10:00, and then they send us home. At that point, the sups take over and finish loading the trailers (clearing the belts), handling / loading irregs, etc. I'm still relatively new (started here in August) - so, can someone enlighten me as to why they are so determined to cut the loaders at 10 pm? Is overtime during non-peak season a taboo or something? To add to that - is this "routine" something to file over being that they are sending union workers home, and then doing the work of a union position?
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U help this person out

Justaloader

Don't go grieving all the articles, now. ;)

Lol not sure grieving is a good idea at all. I'm sure there is a reason things are the way they are.....just trying to understand how things "should" be, how they "are", and the reality of why. I'm not one to rock the boat, but I do like to know the lay of the land, so to speak.

542thruNthru

Lol not sure grieving is a good idea at all. I'm sure there is a reason things are the way they are.....just trying to understand how things "should" be, how they "are", and the reality of why. I'm not one to rock the boat, but I do like to know the lay of the land, so to speak.

You have to pick your battles that for sure but...

ZomboMeme 18062019123216.jpg

What'dyabringmetoday???

Interestingly enough, happens daily in my hub. Just reviewed the contract (the master - not sure of the one specific for my region)....seems like a conversation with the steward in my building is in order. I'm curious to know what his thoughts are on the subject.
Yup- goes on everywhere. The big talkers will say no but it most certainly does. UPS has the upper hand.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Would you happen to have access / the ability to find and send me any riders, supplements, etc for my region? I can't gain access to the local teamsters site - I've applied, but seems they aren't processing submissions. I'm in Pennsylvania.

Which Local and city?

Thoroughbred Teamster

Time to print out our Letter of Understanding for Peak Helpers and pass out to the part-timers again. They really appreciated it last time. Drivers were saying how they kept asking them questions about the language in it.