2021 Buyout?

elmo506

Have a cutback on your full time on car supervisors where you're at?
Some signs are pointing towards cutting back on ORS. Getting questions on how many ORS we have and verifying their classifications. Like 3 times within the last month. And two centers in our District are testing these new PT ORS with four in each center.

Some signs are pointing towards cutting back on ORS. Getting questions on how many ORS we have and verifying their classifications. Like 3 times within the last month. And two centers in our District are testing these new PT ORS with four in each center.
We went from 4 full time on car sups down to 2 full time and two part time.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Why 2023? Other than the contributions to the pension plan for Management ends.

It could be cheaper for the Company to buy out as many vested participants as possible. They have to be expecting much higher PBGC insurance rates with the on going elimination of the nation’s traditional pension plans. Even that agency is in trouble and could default in the future.

They still have to account for everybody present and past that have any vested time under the UPS Retirement Plan, if they can reduce any significant amount of participants with several buy outs prior to 2023 it could be a real money saver in the long run. All those individual’s vested years are protected, they will just stop further additional payments to cover the promised benefits.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The rumor I heard is they are going to gut FT ORS and replace with PT Flex ORS

Totally justified IMO, FT ORS are generally the worst and least qualified management we have, especially when it's just a promoted driver with zero management quals except having a degree

Totally justified IMO, FT ORS are generally the worst and least qualified management we have, especially when it's just a promoted driver with zero management quals except having a degree
Sounds like most management we have because 90% of them never actually did this friend* job.
Hey just sit there on the conference call and drink a brown Kool-Aid all day
It's a friend* joke anymore

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Sounds like most management we have because 90% of them never actually did this friend* job.
Hey just sit there on the conference call and drink a brown Kool-Aid all day
It's a friend* joke anymore
I'll tell you this, your worst sups I've met are the sups that were drivers, but only for a year or two before they became FT management, and even worse when they became managers, again only with On Road experience

TTLS1

Im really curious why everything lines up for the year 2023, all contracts expire in 2023, Ground, Pilots, Mechanics.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yeah- I'd like to see the locations where drivers are going into management. You definitely provide much needed humor.