2023 contract

A similar argument was made for woman and minorities taking white male jobs. I didn't invent the system. But the Union refuses to change it by eliminating Art 40 from the contract or eliminating all or most PT jobs. Most other Union companies don't use permeant PT Union jobs.
I'm glad it works out for you but you are screwing other people over.
That's all I have to say about the subject peace out

What'dyabringmetoday???

Exact opposite.. voted NO! on the Master, Central and Rider with the last three.

It made me sick how these negotiating committees forced these concessionary contracts through...

Mark my words if O’Brien asks for a strike authorization vote this time it will have some teeth in it. Study the 1997 strike, Carey did not allow it to be put up for vote because he knew his membership. I hope that his negotiating committees will not submit garbage to rank and file and will never shake hands till major improvements are agreed to.
I think there won't be enough willing to actually strike. (This is an opinion.)

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I think there won't be enough willing to actually strike. (This is an opinion.)

The International has to issue a strike vote before taking any action. The last several were overwhelmingly passed even with only 20% bothering to turn one in, it is just a tool used by the union negotiators in order to a better Contract. On the Company side they do not want even a hint of a work stoppage particularly with the ways things are going now, they are currently sitting pretty with the constant growth and profits.

They can easily afford to give us a fair and equitable Contract with no concessions added, they had their way with the Hoffa administration and pretty much got what they wanted. The big feather in their cap was the final settlement of the Central States underfunding in 2008 and the recently with the federal bail out.

Back in 2013 they wanted out of administrating the Health and Welfare Plans trying to save money out of fear of rising healthcare rates with the Obamacare mandates. It did not happen and the Union sponsored healthcare providers were more than happy to get those extra dollars and new members.

I do not see any reason for both sides to go past the 1 August 2023 deadline, I could be wrong on this but I believe that this one will be settled way before that date.

PT Car Washer

The International has to issue a strike vote before taking any action. The last several were overwhelmingly passed even with only 20% bothering to turn one in, it is just a tool used by the union negotiators in order to a better Contract. On the Company side they do not want even a hint of a work stoppage particularly with the ways things are going now, they are currently sitting pretty with the constant growth and profits.

They can easily afford to give us a fair and equitable Contract with no concessions added, they had their way with the Hoffa administration and pretty much got what they wanted. The big feather in their cap was the final settlement of the Central States underfunding in 2008 and the recently with the federal bail out.

Back in 2013 they wanted out of administrating the Health and Welfare Plans trying to save money out of fear of rising healthcare rates with the Obamacare mandates. It did not happen and the Union sponsored healthcare providers were more than happy to get those extra dollars and new members.

I do not see any reason for both sides to go past the 1 August 2023 deadline, I could be wrong on this but I believe that this one will be settled way before that date.
What percentage of 20% is overwhelmingly?

Thebrownblob

What percentage of 20% is overwhelmingly?
And yet people are still mad that Hoffa decided to push the contract through? No doubt the contract was A give back, but where was the overwhelming amount of people voting no instead of not voting at all. And if people are not engaged this time they will not be a safety net.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
And yet people are still mad that Hoffa decided to push the contract through? No doubt the contract was A give back, but where was the overwhelming amount of people voting no instead of not voting at all. And if people are not engaged this time they will not be a safety net.