22.3 Outside/Inside pay progression

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Not positive on that one...different building.

Is the job in the new Cranbury building?

If so, there's a lot of questions surrounding those bids. The union is working on getting answers.

They had better work fast though. The building is set to have its first operating center in about a month.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@JohnJR : I would refer you to Article 40, Section 6 (friend):
"(friend) Employees who are in existing full-time combination jobs or who hereafter enter a full-time combination job shall be paid the appropriate full-time air rate for air driver work and appropriate inside part-time rate for the hours worked in other classifications. If an employee has no established inside rate, that employee will be paid the appropriate part-time rate in accordance with his Company seniority"

There is no 'top rate' for the inside work, that is paid at the rate you would be at if you had stayed part-time inside.

I refer to these jobs (unofficially) as Article 40 combo jobs.

Last edited:

DriverNerd

I did a air/sort combo years ago and it was split pay. The air portion is treated as inside pay and inside work is paid at whatever your part time rate would be. We had some newer combos making 21 driving/12 sorting and some old timers making 21 driving/more than 21 sorting. Based on top pay years ago.

JohnJR

Think I got some answers from HR today. Looks as though the air will be 32.09 and I will be put in progression for inside. 16, 17,18,21, top. He said he thinks my 16.95 is because they gave me credit for my 1.5 years inside.

542thruNthru

Think I got some answers from HR today. Looks as though the air will be 32.09 and I will be put in progression for inside. 16, 17,18,21, top. He said he thinks my 16.95 is because they gave me credit for my 1.5 years inside.

No! File a grievance! You did 6 years FT correct?
Read the highlighted section
Screenshot_20200701-192432_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

JohnJR

That would apply if I was inside for 8 hours. I'm inside/outside, so I have to start at the bottom for inside. I dunno...makes no damn sense

542thruNthru

Yes, 6 full. Whatever jibberish they are telling me is that it doesn't count.
File with "Article 41.3 and all that apply" you're inside rate should be at top rate. Thats what the contract says. Do not allow them to tell you differently. Let the grievance process do its job.

542thruNthru

@JohnJR : I would refer you to Article 40, Section 6 (friend):
"(friend) Employees who are in existing full-time combination jobs or who hereafter enter a full-time combination job shall be paid the appropriate full-time air rate for air driver work and appropriate inside part-time rate for the hours worked in other classifications. If an employee has no established inside rate, that employee will be paid the appropriate part-time rate in accordance with his Company seniority"

There is no 'top rate' for the inside work, that is paid at the rate you would be at if you had stayed part-time inside.

I refer to these jobs (unofficially) as Article 40 combo jobs.

I apologize @JohnJR But according to Article 40.6(friend) that @hondo pointed out. They may be calculating your total years and what your PT rate would be for that.

Definitely contact your BA because this all seem a mess.

PizzaToUps

Not positive on that one...different building.

Your pay is legit. Read section friend of article 40. Since you already went through your full time progression while doing package car, you get topped out at the full time air driving rate and you get paid your inside rate for those hours worked. They call it your “part time rate” so that pay is whatever you would be at if you never went full time driving. I have a similar job to you and I did not go through full time driving progression like you but I did go through the article 40 air progression as a part timer and now they are making me go through it again now as full time. So upsetting.

Attachments

• 457E2B3D-A0C9-45F8-AC4D-185250DD9C1D.jpeg
    457E2B3D-A0C9-45F8-AC4D-185250DD9C1D.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 92

opie

Same local as you. There is no progression for your inside work. You just get the annual raise. Like you were told it's like 2 part time jobs. Inside/inside you get a much higher rate. But you are outside/inside. Unfortunately your inside rate will be signfiicantly less than driving. Most of our 22.3's do airport shuttle work to have more hours worked with the higher rate.

WTFm8

I'm going to disagree, 22.3 positions were created to stop the employer from using part time employees for more than 32 hours and not giving full time benefits. Strike 1997. A 22.3 employee has a classification of their own, with separate pay schedules and vacation schedules. I'm not familiar with air combo jobs.

Disagree all you want. Art 40 supersedes EVERYTHING. If they’re driving air, they get air rate for those hours... aka exception air.
If anything else is happening it’s because locally (Management, HR, union, etc) it’s being screwed up.