22.3 wage progression and the raise

• Thread starter Anonymous User1
  • Start date
A

Anonymous User1

I won the bid for an inside/inside 22.3 job in our center and started it on June 4th this year. I have been a PTer since sep of 98 and I am wondering how the progression goes with the raises on Aug 1st. My PT wage was already higher than the 18month progression raise but not to the top rate yet so I was under the impression I would not get the progression raises until the full 2 years when I top out but I thought I would still get the general raise ($1.00) but I did not see it on my check for this week. Does this mean I get no raises of any kind for 2 years????

brownrodster

I won the bid for an inside/inside 22.3 job in our center and started it on June 4th this year. I have been a PTer since sep of 98 and I am wondering how the progression goes with the raises on Aug 1st. My PT wage was already higher than the 18month progression raise but not to the top rate yet so I was under the impression I would not get the progression raises until the full 2 years when I top out but I thought I would still get the general raise ($1.00) but I did not see it on my check for this week. Does this mean I get no raises of any kind for 2 years????

yearly raises are only for FT who are already at top pay. While in progression you do not recieve the august raise.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Progression here takes 30 months, you will not receive yearly raises or coa's during your progression. Hang in there your br making the big bucks soon enough.

Overpaid Union Thug

How did you make it into a combo job in June while the rest of the country had a hiring freeze for full-time jobs?

brownrodster

how much would a guy that works a combo job for 30 years make average?

What do you mean? Right now the wage for combo jobs is 23.50 an hour, if you have completed your 24 month progression. In 30 years who the hell knows. If you've worked for UPS for 30 years and take a combo job right now I'm pretty sure you get 23.50. In my center We're told that if a Driver takes a rebid 22.3 job they drop to the 22.3 scale.

A

Anonymous User2

I got the job in June for the following reason. They posted 2 22.3 jobs and at first had the bidding procedure listing as being 22.3 people first then FT then PT. Well after the managment got a call from the local Union office stating that it was suppose to goto overall building senority after 22.3 and not FT first I was the top bidder along with another PTer so we got the jobs and started in the begining of June. Two drivers who bid on them then grieved it and lost those at the hearing. I have talked to the business manager and center manager etc as well as other local union reps and all of them say there is no way they can rebid them

Overpaid Union Thug

I got the job in June for the following reason. They posted 2 22.3 jobs and at first had the bidding procedure listing as being 22.3 people first then FT then PT. Well after the managment got a call from the local Union office stating that it was suppose to goto overall building senority after 22.3 and not FT first I was the top bidder along with another PTer so we got the jobs and started in the begining of June. Two drivers who bid on them then grieved it and lost those at the hearing. I have talked to the business manager and center manager etc as well as other local union reps and all of them say there is no way they can rebid them

Was the job a newly created 22.3 or one that already existed and was vacated? If it was a new job then I'm wondering how your building seems to be the only one in the country that was able to add new jobs while the rest of ours were canceled.

A

Anonymous User2

They were newly created jobs and the bid sheet went up in the beginning of May and was up for a week then after they were approved in the middle of may by labor they gave us the start date for June 4th. I know a couple other people I talked to that had new 22.3 jobs they started at other centers around the same time as well.

Overpaid Union Thug

They were newly created jobs and the bid sheet went up in the beginning of May and was up for a week then after they were approved in the middle of may by labor they gave us the start date for June 4th. I know a couple other people I talked to that had new 22.3 jobs they started at other centers around the same time as well.

Beginning of May? Well, that makes sence then. The current freeze happened in mid/late June.

RozUPS

Beginning of May? Well, that makes sence then. The current freeze happened in mid/late June.

Is that a company wide freeze on all driving positions? I was supposed to stat Sat air driving in early July then was told I was not going to driving school and can't get a new date. :confused:1

Overpaid Union Thug

Is that a company wide freeze on all driving positions? I was supposed to stat Sat air driving in early July then was told I was not going to driving school and can't get a new date. :confused:1

I doubt part-time jobs were affected. Only newly created full-time jobs. So basically it was all newly created 22.3 jobs and newly created full-time driver jobs that were frozen (I'm starting to think they were actually cancelled). I realy don't see UPS freezing part-time driving jobs because if they could have it their way that's probably all they'd use. You were probably bumped out of your class due to seating. They only want so many in each class and it not just people from your building that go. You'll be in there with people from all over the area but mostly from you district. We did have one person that wasn't even in our district in the class with us. Management made room for him because he was a well liked part-time sup in a hub from the other side of the state and was comming in as an "off the street hire." UPS even paid for him to stay in a hotel for that week. I still wonder who the poor local guy/girl was that got bumped out of the class so he could attend even though he wasn't even from our area. The good ole boy system is alive and well at UPS. LOL!

O

onemoretry

just hope they dont drop your wage to what the 22.3 classification starts at...
It was done in our bldg..

also, must be nice to have a seniority date of only 98 and be able to land it...

A

Anonymous User2

just hope they dont drop your wage to what the 22.3 classification starts at...
It was done in our bldg..

also, must be nice to have a seniority date of only 98 and be able to land it...

I dont see how they could do that at your center when it clearly states in the contract that you stay at your current rate and become red circled until the progression would take you above that.