22.4 in 2020

M

MenInBrown

Whatever happens, it's too late to change it this contract anyway. You're guaranteed 8 hours as an RPCD, that's it.

Yup we got screwed. Teamsters gave UPS lower wages drivers and eliminated over 9.5 for their drivers. So what did we get in this contract.

Dough99

B73BA441-9D21-4613-8583-40292BA5B88F.jpeg

The Driver

I drive.
We are losing money on Saturday's. You double down on that?

I could be wrong but weekend ground service is probably more about serving the needs of our customers than anything else. It's probably weekend service like our competition or lose some of our customers.

In other words, we have to keep up with the times.

dudebro

I could be wrong but weekend ground service is probably more about serving the needs of our customers than anything else. It's probably weekend service like our competition or lose some of our customers.

In other words, we have to keep up with the times.
That's one reason. Another is during higher volume periods you can't run these billion dollar fancy hubs we just bought 7 days a week and deliver all that processed volume in 5. The math won't work.

35years

Gravy route
The union, the folks who brought you the weekend....

Then gave it back.

I dont buy the.....We have to give up our weekend or we will go broke....nonsense.

Let other companies slit their own throats by becoming less efficient and spreading 5 days of work into 7.

"But, but, but we have to appease our customers. We have to promice them 8 p.m. pickup times. We have to carry all their packages down a flight of stairs. Or, or, or they will get fed ex to do it."

I say good, let them have all the inefficient business. Let our competitors scoop up all the stuff that absolutely ruins our efficiency. Tell me how many large shippers use us or fed ex or whoever exclusively??? They use us and our competitors. The only ones that only use us get huge discounts. Yeah we can't lose that volume, pennines on each package.

I used to work for the tightest ship. Now I work for a bunch of bureaucrats.

Last edited: