22.4 in 2020

Heavy Package

What can we expect? Declining RPCD jobs? Or better for RPCDs?

Bid list posted and taken down in my center. The full sheet was signed by mostly seasonal employees, LMAO. 22.4 was a very bad contract give back where we got nothing close to a major move by UPS in return. This will be very bad moving forward for all FT UPS employees. And just wait until a recession hits and / or full roll out of 7 day delivery starts. This was the ultimate last sell out by H & H.

Purple Poop

Bid list posted and taken down in my center. The full sheet was signed by mostly seasonal employees, LMAO. 22.4 was a very bad contract give back where we got nothing close to a major move by UPS in return. This will be very bad moving forward for all FT UPS employees. And just wait until a recession hits and / or full roll out of 7 day delivery starts. This was the ultimate last sell out by H & H.
Didn’t know seasonal employees were allowed to bid on anything.

KoennenTiger

We have a full set of 22.4s here. They all do tue - sat but every day but Sat they are the lowest bid for cover routes below all the normal cover guys. They work preload a lot. They really just appear to be better paid TCDs to me, who always get a full day on Saturday.

Mondays suck butt now. They send me out with so many commercial stops from the routes they cut and a lot of bid guys end up covering some rando route they've never done.

The one real effect I've had is Mondays are almost always now 8.5 hour days and I have to get a runner guy to come help me with commercials once a month.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
They finally got the writing on the wall Thursday the 26th and it was like a Chinese fire drill

Say what you want about seasonals, I really kinda feel bad for them. They get promised the world by HR to get hired on. Then they are abused viciously for several weeks while holding on to the belief that they are going to be the next FT driver hired.

December 24th, they are told how wonderful they are and kept out till whenever. December 26th rolls around, and the rental vehicles they were driving are gone and off the premises, the mail slots with their names that held their call tags and checks, are now blank and nothing fills the empty void of what used to be their own personal little slot. The schedule that somehow fit all the routes and start times for these seasonals are now magically corrected to bear no mention of who these people were, or are, or that they even existed in the world of UPS.

For the new year, I want to be a better person. I'm going to start by saying sorry one seasonal at a time.

Sorry, unknown seasonal dude with the high pitched voice in that S*y long U-Haul that offered me a McGriddle that one day we passed in the parking lot.

KoennenTiger

Say what you want about seasonals, I really kinda feel bad for them. They get promised the world by HR to get hired on. Then they are abused viciously for several weeks while holding on to the belief that they are going to be the next FT driver hired.

December 24th, they are told how wonderful they are and kept out till whenever. December 26th rolls around, and the rental vehicles they were driving are gone and off the premises, the mail slots with their names that held their call tags and checks, are now blank and nothing fills the empty void of what used to be their own personal little slot. The schedule that somehow fit all the routes and start times for these seasonals are now magically corrected to bear no mention of who these people were, or are, or that they even existed in the world of UPS.

For the new year, I want to be a better person. I'm going to start by saying sorry one seasonal at a time.

Sorry, unknown seasonal dude with the high pitched voice in that S*y long U-Haul that offered me a McGriddle that one day we passed in the parking lot.

There's always a tiny spark of feelings deep in my heart every year when the first seasonal guy asks me, "what do you think my chances of getting hired on full time are?"

D

Deleted member 77202

LOL!
I, too, felt bad for all the seasonal people at my building.
Every word they are told is a complete lie!

When they ask me questions about their jobs, I am one of a very few people who tell them the truth.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
There's always a tiny spark of feelings deep in my heart every year when the first seasonal guy asks me, "what do you think my chances of getting hired on full time are?"

LOL!
I, too, felt bad for all the seasonal people at my building.
Every word they are told is a complete lie!

When they ask me questions about their jobs, I am one of a very few people who tell them the truth.

I'm at the point now where I don't introduce myself or ask their name, don't want to be attached to see them go away. Now if I see them after Jan 1st, I let my guard down a bit and say hello. The guy with the McGriddle almost got me.

542thruNthru

I'm at the point now where I don't introduce myself or ask their name, don't want to be attached to see them go away. Now if I see them after Jan 1st, I let my guard down a bit and say hello. The guy with the McGriddle almost got me.

I always make sure to get to know each and every seasonal. I introduce myself and let them know that I am the District Manager and that we are taping a episode of undercover boss and I need them to do everything I tell them so that they make the company look good.