22.4 or RPC’s for T-S work?

22.4 or RPCD’s for Tuesday- Saturday work?

• 22.4’s

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • RPCD’s

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • I am in denial that Saturday work is here to stay.

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah dude, @LagunaBrown has just convinced me to push for a no vote tomorrow at work. @Tony Q and I will be on the same page now.
Vote No.
Dont be a Lagoona Brown nose.
Fight for the part timers to get significant raises and for the healthcare to be bettered since the company has proposed increases in their contributions.

Enough talk.

Vote this garbage down.

LagunaBrown

Yeah dude, @LagunaBrown has just convinced me to push for a no vote tomorrow at work. @Tony Q and I will be on the same page now.
Vote No.
Fight for the part timers to get significant raises and for the healthcare to be bettered since the company has proposed increases in their contributions.

Enough talk.

Vote this garbage down.
Your part of the vote no sheep movement

Our part timers make a $70,000 to pension working 1,300 hours over the life of the contract
The get a $4.15 raise
Medical after 9 months
$228 a week to medical benefits
They can retire at PEER 84 and get unlimitd cap on retiree medical
if you turn that down your a knucklehead
VOTE YES

F

Frankie's Friend

Your (you're) part of the vote no sheep movement

Our part timers make a $70,000 to pension working 1,300 hours over the life of the contract
The (they) get a $4.15 raise
Medical after 9 months
$228 a week to medical benefits
They can retire at PEER 84 and get unlimitd cap on retiree medical
if you turn that down your (you're) a knucklehead
VOTE YES for a good screwing.

Your part timers. Not ours.
Screw you and your part timers.

Maybe get some money allocated for GED courses so you can learn to spell while you're at it p*.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Vote No.

Enough talk.

Vote this garbage down.
Probably the biggest "oof" was that I would only get paid $13 to go out as a helper
My union leaders came out and said they would fix helper wages so they would be competitive with double shifting inside.
This is sadly not the case. November through January you will only go out as a helper if you enjoy poverty wages.

Don't forget even less provisions protecting us from discipline than the contract before.

fattybrown

At our contract meeting this morning our Local leadership put the blame for 22.4 on FT package delivery drivers not wanting to work the week ends. Also some supplements won't allow it. Was a compromise to keep FT delivery drivers happy.

What’s messed up about this FT drivers (RCPD) will work weekends for the next couple of years until more people retire.

Think about it. Ups has 18 months to transition Tuesday-Saturday workers to M-friend. Who’s gonna work Saturday those 18 months?

Then we will have a surplus of drivers because of this. Yes higher seniority will get to go home (good for them), but then the others will be laid off on Monday due to lack of work. If you want your 40, guess what, your working Saturday day again.

Just forget the 22.4 and vote NO. Anyone hired to drive now knows they are Tuesday-Saturday and as they progress in seniority they can work M-friend.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Not everyone, just depends on your regions language.

because of vast and ever growing differences in regional/local language we as TEAMsters are so far apart from each other that UPS can now put forth a contract that is awesome to some and absolutely horrible to others depending on where you live and work. in what universe do you see this as a good thing?

because of vast and ever growing differences in regional/local language we as TEAMsters are so far apart from each other that UPS can now put forth a contract that is awesome to some and absolutely horrible to others depending on where you live and work. in what universe do you see this as a good thing?
How do you fix 3 decades of an irrelevant master contract? Add 22.4 language.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
the whole thing just seems so ridiculous. how the hell are you supposed to negotiate improvements in your local supplement when you need to spend so much time and effort just protecting yourself from the master?

LagunaBrown

How did you just figure this out in our Universe? Where have you been the last 20 years? Who ever told you everything was the same across the nation or did you just make that up and believe it yourself? Do you realize Local 89 has an any 5 in 7 workweek on the table? Do you realize some Local's have 1 day layoffs and no guarantee. Everyone is so up in arms about the 22.4 they are missing their supplemental language that needs to be fixed. Don’t complain about disparity’s get in there and make it better.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How do you fix 3 decades of an irrelevant master contract? Add 22.4 language.

The Master Language is hardly "irrelevant".

It's actually the nucleus of the contract.... giving the supplements the ability to deal with

regional issues and preserving Local Union autonomy.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Master Language is hardly "irrelevant".

It's actually the nucleus of the contract.... giving the supplements the ability to deal with

regional issues and preserving Local Union autonomy.

-Bug-
Seems like a backwards, contradictive, and oxymoronric notion to me???

But for the sake of this discussion, let's assume that is indeed the case.
With that in mind, wouldn't it be prudent for contract ratification to be a two step process???

....first the National Master (the nucleus), then the Supplements, Riders, and Seniority Applications (the electrons?) following after the Master if approved by the membership.

Whether or not there is a lot to be upset about in my Supplement, how can I vote yes for it until I know for sure what the National Master will look like when it's finished???
Wouldn't we be at a decided disadvantage, "autonomy-wise", if the Master failed and they go back to the negotiating table, after my Supplement passed???

~Bbbl~™

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
does anybody know how the contract meeting went last weekend in Atlanta?
2014055230.jpg

LagunaBrown

Then we will have a surplus of drivers because of this. Yes higher seniority will get to go home (good for them), but then the others will be laid off on Monday due to lack of work. If you want your 40, guess what, your working Saturday day again.
I don't know where you are from but we get a 5 day 8 hour guarantee so that is not true here and if you work Saturday it’s time and a half regardless if you worked during the week or not.