22.4 pay

Robretro

Will the 22.4’s get paid $13/hr for preload and then $20 for the rest of the day? With an unpaid hour and a half in the middle? That’s a long day for not much money. With weekends added in, it sounds like a terrible job.
Am I missing something?

Rack em

Made the Podium
You're adorable for thinking they will do inside work...On the off chance they do perform inside work, they will get the rate spelled out in the contract for 22.4. They get that rate whether they work inside or drive.

Box Ox

You're adorable for thinking they will do inside work...On the off chance they do perform inside work, they will get the rate spelled out in the contract for 22.4. They get that rate whether they work inside or drive.

Would they not do inside work? One less preloader to pay/benefit/pension. Is your thinking that management will probably want them to spend all of their DOT hours delivering? This might be a case of my not knowing what I don't know here.

Robretro

I am just a preloader waiting on my chance to qualify. I am disappointed this is probably as good as it gets for me, I don’t want a combo job. We can’t keep preloaders here, I think we will have to load our trucks then drive them. I can’t handle these early hours indefinitely.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Would they not do inside work? One less preloader to pay/benefit/pension. Is your thinking that management will probably want them to spend all of their DOT hours delivering? This might be a case of my not knowing what I don't know here.
Pay someone $13 to load or pay someone $20.50 to load? Pay someone $36+ and hour to deliver or pay someone $20.50 to deliver? I know where all their DOT hours will be spent.

Box Ox

With weekends added in, it sounds like a terrible job.

Whatever the inside/outside work split is, they'll receive their driver rate for all of it. But yes, the job will :censored2:ing suck. The whole idea is to take work off higher paid RPCDs. I have absolutely zero doubt that management will cram every package and stop they can up every 22.4's ass to keep it off an RPCD route. Their performance numbers will depend on it.

542thruNthru

Where I am they will not do inside work unless absolutely necessary. This was already confirmed by my BA. They will drive full time and make less. It's funny how people like tearsInRain thought I was insane when I said it would happen. It's not a combo job, it's a lower paid driver job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Where I am they will not do inside work unless absolutely necessary. This was already confirmed by my BA. They will drive full time and make less. It's funny how people like tearsInRain thought I was insane when I said it would happen. It's not a combo job, it's a lower paid driver job.
And your BA was for or against this?

Indecisi0n

We will call them garbage men. They will be cleaning up preload, running out packages/work that could fit. Delivering split routes and taking work on drivers who are on the 9.5 list and going to run over. Sounds like fun.

542thruNthru

And your BA was for or against this?

He is for it. We have PT Cover Drivers that work year round here. 22.4s will basically replacing them.

The problem is most FT drivers don't care that the company will make 22.4s they just care about "when work is available". I still remember how hard and long I had to work just to become FT and I hate the idea of people waiting even longer then me.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I am just a preloader waiting on my chance to qualify. I am disappointed this is probably as good as it gets for me, I don’t want a combo job. We can’t keep preloaders here, I think we will have to load our trucks then drive them. I can’t handle these early hours indefinitely.
Just don't sign the bid for the 22.4 combo job. Only sign the bid for rpcd. You don't have to be a 22.4.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just don't sign the bid for the 22.4 combo job. Only sign the bid for rpcd. You don't have to be a 22.4.
The guy who takes the 22.4 we'll be full time, and therefore have more seniority than the part timer waiting for an RPCD bid to be posted.

Most new RPCDs are going to be former 22.4s from now on. They basically just extended the progression to top rate even more.

Huge concession.
Sellout contract.
Vote no.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Nice thought, but 22.4 will have first shot at any rcpd opening over a part timer.

The guy who takes the 22.4 we'll be full time, and therefore have more seniority than the part timer waiting for an RPCD bid to be posted.

Most new RPCDs are going to be former 22.4s from now on. They basically just extended the progression to top rate even more.

Huge concession.
Sellout contract.
Vote no.
download.jpeg

Huge concession.
Sellout contract.
Vote no.
After a few years it will just be considered as paying your dues for a regular delivery driver job.