22.4 positions

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The union stopped caring about part time back in 70s 80s when they decided to take pt money and give it to ft. The union knows pt is a revolving door that isnt their focus. Pters make up over 50% of members. They if acted could shape a contract.

Part-time jobs were never meant to be lifetime jobs.

But, in the instance that choice was made.... you were rewarded with annual raises,

free health care, and a pension. What other company offers a part-time pension plan ?

Then low and behold.... the creation of the 22.3 jobs.

Not everyone is cutout to be a driver.

Staydryitsraining

But, in the instance that choice was made.... you were rewarded with annual raises,

free health care, and a pension. What other company offers a part-time pension plan ?

Have any 22.3 jobs been added in the past 8 years besides maybe the west coast, mid Atlantic or Louisville?

Staydryitsraining

The company had no choice. No one would work as a pter here for anything less.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Have any 22.3 jobs been added in the past 8 years besides maybe the west coast, mid Atlantic or Louisville?

The majority of the 22.3 jobs have always been placed in the larger buildings

that have such a high turn-over, the operation couldn't function without them.

In outlying smaller centers (where the cost of living is relatively cheaper) there's

no real need for them, as they don't have the turn-over problems.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If you want to blame anyone....

blame the 55% of the members that were too lazy to vote.

Which side do you think the union should be on, the 55% who didn't vote or the 45% who did? It appears to me the union is protecting the lazy, uninformed members from having a strike forced on them by disregarding the votes of membership that took the time to be informed and vote.

It was also deceptive of the union to use our dues to mail all the vote Yes propaganda while failing to mention our No votes wouldn't count unless a percentage of votes were cast.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You still have to qualify. Unless you've already qualified as a PT cover driver or something.
Sure, I just wanted to know if seasonal was restricted only to outside hires or if they could toss me in the heap with them. I do not want to qualify and then work any number of days without accruing days towards my 30. The language for this seems vague?

542thruNthru

Sure, I just wanted to know if seasonal was restricted only to outside hires or if they could toss me in the heap with them. I do not want to qualify and then work any number of days without accruing days towards my 30. The language for this seems vague?

If you have a DOT card and are trying to qualify. They will use you during peak if needed. So unless you want to be skipped over and wait for the next one. It may be something you have to put up with.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If you have a DOT card and are trying to qualify. They will use you during peak if needed. So unless you want to be skipped over and wait for the next one. It may be something you have to put up with.
Ah hell, ok. Bastards did not award any bids for the past 9 months. Guess it will be fun to be part of quite a large pool of new hires. Means they won't have the time to be anal about everything.