22.4 positions

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by BrownMonk, Aug 23, 2019.

1. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Black-Man-Laughing-In-The-Bath-Tub-Drinking-a-40oz-Beer.gif

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Excuse me?? Okay Drunktard....lets clear up a few things. Cach has been my best friend for the last 5 years. I just had dinner at his house the other night that his wife (who is alive, well and not at all ill) cooked. His youngest son who has special needs is one of my favorite people and my shopping buddy. He and his family are closer to me than some members of my own family who i’ve known for 40 years. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Keep drinking, old man.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

4. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I missed the posts where you said you didn't think you would get 22.4 drivers in your center. If they don't start using them in your center then the language with the 18/24 month requirement doesn't apply. You might still be able to file grievances based on the language in the first paragraph of 22.4 (b).

"The Union and Company commit to protect existing RPCDs from being sched- uled or forced to perform weekend delivery work and increasing the number of full-time opportunities for part-time employees. To achieve these objectives, the Company may create full-time 22.4 combination driving jobs."

The company committed to protect RPCD's from weekend work, 22.4 jobs are just a way they may do that, but it doesn't mean it's the only way they can do it.

I hope that helps, and sorry for the confusion.

5. 3838373

3838373 Active Member

thanks, a lot of people at my center think the contract was ratified april 2019

6. zubenelgenubi

The final supplements were, which were what was holding up the implementation of the national master.

7. 3838373

3838373 Active Member

it gets confusing , as long as the 18 month is from oct 2018, I’m ok with that, quickens up when I go back to Monday - Friday potentially

8. zubenelgenubi

But you have to have 22.4's in your center for the 18 month language will apply. The master was absolutely ratified in October, no question about that.

9. 3838373

3838373 Active Member

I talked to my center manager recently and he thinks will get them sometimes next year

10. 3838373

3838373 Active Member

11. zubenelgenubi