22.4 ratio question

21Savage

Was talking to my shop stew tonight asking him why no bid lists have gone up for full time since our center has been hiring 22.4's out the A-hole lately.

He told me something that shattered my hopes and dreams. Apparently the 3:1 ratio is for the ENTIRE UPS workforce. I was always under the impression it was for each individual center or at least building. So even if our center/building isn't meeting the 3:1 ratio, as long as UPS is making up for it elsewhere in other parts of the workforce then we are screwed until further notice. If so, a lot of the 22.4 Mafia is gonna be stuck for 4 to 5 years or maybe even longer OR until we just quit, which is probably what they want anyways.

Someone tell me this isn't true.

PT Car Washer

Was talking to my shop stew tonight asking him why no bid lists have gone up for full time since our center has been hiring 22.4's out the A-hole lately.

He told me something that shattered my hopes and dreams. Apparently the 3:1 ratio is for the ENTIRE UPS workforce. I was always under the impression it was for each individual center or at least building. If so, a lot of the 22.4 Mafia is gonna be stuck for 4 to 5 years or maybe even longer OR until we just quit, which is probably what they want anyways.

My building uses a 22.3 and 22.4 to FT driver intent list. Several have already been promoted to FT driver. What is this 3 to 1 ratio?

JJinVA

He told me something that shattered my hopes and dreams. Apparently the 3:1 ratio is for the ENTIRE UPS workforce. I was always under the impression it was for each individual center or at least building. So even if our center/building isn't meeting the 3:1 ratio, as long as UPS is making up for it elsewhere in other parts of the workforce then we are screwed until further notice. If so, a lot of the 22.4 Mafia is gonna be stuck for 4 to 5 years or maybe even longer OR until we just quit, which is probably what they want anyways.

Never heard of this ratio. Course Im kinda lucky in the sense that there are quite a few drivers at my center that are near retirement age. Nevertheless, I think theres about 6 or 7 ppl ahead of me on 22.4 list.

The bright side is, we get put wherever they need us, so we get to run routes that we wouldnt have seen for 25 years. If theres an upside, itd be that.

21Savage

My building uses a 22.3 and 22.4 to FT driver intent list. Several have already been promoted to FT driver. What is this 3 to 1 ratio?
Must be nice. We have no such intent list.
Never heard of this ratio. Course Im kinda lucky in the sense that there are quite a few drivers at my center that are near retirement age. Nevertheless, I think theres about 6 or 7 ppl ahead of me on 22.4 list.

The bright side is, we get put wherever they need us, so we get to run routes that we wouldnt have seen for 25 years. If theres an upside, itd be that.
I mean that's cool I guess. I want 9.5 protection, I want to be able to request a G8 and a few other things I'm probably blanking on. The thought of having no way out for years and years is terrifying especially with pay progression being as awful as it is. All while being abused day in and day out. It's depressing to think about.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Never heard of
3to1 thought it was no more than 25% of drivers

542thruNthru

It's not true. Your steward is wrong. Notice the last word highlighted.
Screenshot_20201020-182858_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

542thruNthru

Never heard of

Might be right. Don't quote me on the number. That's what I thought it was. Not an expert on the contract. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The 3 to 1 ratio is for when the company hits it's 25%. It would then have to hire 3 RPCDs to hire 1 more 22.4.

21Savage

That's wrong. My building and other buildings that I'm aware of have 22.4 guys bidding into RPCD. I was one of them.
We had a bid list for 2 spots in my center a few months ago. Since then our center has hired countless more 22.4's and no other bids. It just doesn't seem consistent.
It's not true. Your steward is wrong. Notice the last word highlighted.
View attachment 314267
Ok good. I thought that was the case. Some of therese stews might not be liars or in cahoots with management, but just uneducated.

So how can I prove management is not honoring the 25% and would that be something I can file on?

Article 22.4 section 3

Never heard of

It is 22.4s not exceeding 25% of RPCD, or one 22.4 for every four RPCDs.

542thruNthru

We had a bid list for 2 spots in my center a few months ago. Since then our center has hired countless more 22.4's and no other bids. It just doesn't seem consistent.

Ok good. I thought that was the case. Some of therese stews might not be liars or in cahoots with management, but just uneducated.

So how can I prove management is not honoring the 25% and would that be something I can file on?
How many centers do you have in your building. Collect the seniority lists for each and do the math. If they are above 25% for the building file a grievance under "Article 22.4 and all applicable".

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

Won't take that long...

I have seen a lot quit lately though.

21Savage

How many centers do you have in your building. Collect the seniority lists for each and do the math. If they are above 25% for the building file a grievance under "Article 22.4 and all applicable".

We have 4. Appreciate that. But go about collecting seniority lists how?