22.4 ratio question

21Savage

I don't know about you but every center here is required to post a seniority list. If they don't go by center seniority there than there should be a building seniority list.

We do have one but it's woefully outdated. There's guys from last peak who aren't here anymore on it.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I only started last peak and the people on it were full time, at the time. Not seasonal. But still woefully outdated.
Figure out who your smartest steward is.
Then do what @542thruNthru said and just file a grievance on not having a current seniority list.
I cant remember for certain, but i think the language on seniority lists and postings is in my local rider. Check yours.
💩✊

21Savage

Then do what @542thruNthru said and just file a grievance on not having a current seniority list.
I cant remember for certain, but i think the language on seniority lists and postings is in my local rider. Check yours.
💩✊
Yup. Will do bro. I get way better info on here than talking to any of our three stews. 2 of them only work once a week and the other (who gave me this information) is EAM and you barely get to see him and he's obviously uneducated.

21Savage

💩✊
Yup. Will do bro. I get way better info on here than talking to any of our three stews. 2 of them only work once a week and the other (who gave me this information) is EAM and you barely get to see him and he's obviously just uneducated.

542thruNthru

Yup. Will do bro. I get way better info on here than talking to any of our three stews. 2 of them only work once a week and the other (who gave me this information) is EAM and you barely get to see him and he's obviously just uneducated.

Just whatever you do. Never go to the @Turdferguson answer thread if you need a question answered correctly

bumped

Must be nice. We have no such intent list.

I mean that's cool I guess. I want 9.5 protection, I want to be able to request a G8 and a few other things I'm probably blanking on. The thought of having no way out for years and years is terrifying especially with pay progression being as awful as it is. All while being abused day in and day out. It's depressing to think about.
If it makes you feel better...When us RPCD first started we too were used and abused. We had a hell of a time getting 8 hours, and couldn't ever get a summer vacation.

Whither

Scofflaw
@21Savage until you're familiar, it's a good idea to read pertinent sections of the contract book (including your supplement and local rider) during your breaks and especially any paid down time(!), e.g., waiting on a pickup. Start with Article 22.4; you'll be doing yourself favor. For example, as late as last winter my BA was unaware of the new language that all RPCDs, regardless of seniority or route assignment, are eligible for 9.5 protection as soon as 22.4s are working in their building. Not from malice, just laziness. If I hadn't known better, I would've left a lot of money on the table, and he would've kept giving bad advice.

@zubenelgenubi created a useful table of contents for the National Master that you can find here Table of Contents for the Master Contract | UPS Union Issues

Up In Smoke

Seniority lists are covered in the Master and are updated quarterly on 2/1, 5/1, 8/1 and 11/1. The company is required to maintain and post in plan view.

Up In Smoke

Your steward should have been given the RPCD protected number after the contract was ratified. That protected number is 75% of the seniority employees plus any open bid sheets. If you had 98 RPCDs and 2 in progression, your protected number is 75. An RPCD cannot be added until you building drops below that 75 protected number. The 6-1-1 hiring rotation is still recognized within our local, but I understand that is not nationally accepted.

Your steward should have been given the RPCD protected number after the contract was ratified. That protected number is 75% of the seniority employees plus any open bid sheets. If you had 98 RPCDs and 2 in progression, your protected number is 75. An RPCD cannot be added until you building drops below that 75 protected number. The 6-1-1 hiring rotation is still recognized within our local, but I understand that is not nationally accepted.
The only way you can get an RPCD here now is to become a 22.4 driver first.