22.4 VS RPCD question

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Thank you for replying to him/her/it. I didn't even know where to begin due to the stupidity.

I understand. It is like that game we play as kids.... Think it was called, WACK-A-MOLE. Every time you get one of them cornered with logic and they can't lie their way out they pop up on another account.

Benben

This only pertains to your area, here we are short drivers and 50 of the 65 routes had 10.5+ dispatches last week, we’ve had Saturday for over a year, Monday’s haven’t changed a bit. Even if Sundays eventually happen in 10 years you’ll still have commercial stops and pickups on Monday.

We all had our 2 11+ hour dispatches last week. Thats become the norm. It is what happens when you chronically under staff and don't hire seasonal vacay drivers (first time since I have been driving they didn't.) How many routes do you run on Mondays and how many on Fridays? Bet'cha a paycheck the difference is close to 45%! Our center on Mondays runs very close to 1/2 the number routes the rest of the week has. And we don't deliver Sunday yet!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
This only pertains to your area, here we are short drivers and 50 of the 65 routes had 10.5+ dispatches last week, we’ve had Saturday for over a year, Monday’s haven’t changed a bit. Even if Sundays eventually happen in 10 years you’ll still have commercial stops and pickups on Monday.
Nobody worked monday it was labor day.
Every Saturday ground thread proves otherwise.

babboo25

Banned
Nobody worked monday it was labor day.
Every Saturday ground thread proves otherwise.
I was referring to week before, should of been more specific. Mondays were scaled back dramatically when we first went to Saturday ground, that didn’t last long. Usually 50 in on Monday, 62 Tues wed Thursday and Friday back down in upper 50s, we run 11-12 sat routes

babboo25

Banned
We all had our 2 11+ hour dispatches last week. Thats become the norm. It is what happens when you chronically under staff and don't hire seasonal vacay drivers (first time since I have been driving they didn't.) How many routes do you run on Mondays and how many on Fridays? Bet'cha a paycheck the difference is close to 45%! Our center on Mondays runs very close to 1/2 the number routes the rest of the week has. And we don't deliver Sunday yet!
Ill take that bet, nobody at UPS delivers Sunday yet!

Neanderthal

Oh goodies, TonyQ, aka Fitbit, aka Lazonialover made a new account. Problem is this ass hat still has an issue with the English language!

Maybe it is a case of ADD. He/she/it can not read the entire paragraph to get to the very last sentence where, "as long as work is available" TOTALLY NEGATES THE ENTIRE PARAGRAPH

ASS HAT!

Did you bother listening to Denis T?

There is no evidence that any of that is going to happen.

You are being an arm chair lawyer with your :censored2: post interpretation, and did not bargain the contract.

I trust Denis T over your crap posting

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Here we can bump a part timer. I'll be slinging boxes for $30/hr on Monday mornings and evenings while enjoying my afternoons on the golf course. How's the company going to save money with drivers bumping part timers making $13/hr.

when you go to punch in Monday morning and they tell you no work is available, who ya gonna bump? in my building preload is ending and the unload/twi doesn't start until 6 pm and that's only 4 hours. you would have to technically bump Tuesday mornings preload at midnight to get your 8 hours. of course then you would not be available to drive Tuesday morning at 9 am. i had this argument with tony q a month ago in one of the zillion threads here and he finally admitted that if you get laid off on Monday and you want/plan to bump inside you MUST bump for the full week and not just one day. OR take the one day layoff OR hope some senior driver takes the day off with or without taking a dead day basically every Monday all year long cept for peak

babboo25

Banned
when you go to punch in Monday morning and they tell you no work is available, who ya gonna bump? in my building preload is ending and the unload/twi doesn't start until 6 pm and that's only 4 hours. you would have to technically bump Tuesday mornings preload at midnight to get your 8 hours. of course then you would not be available to drive Tuesday morning at 9 am. i had this argument with tony q a month ago in one of the zillion threads here and he finally admitted that if you get laid off on Monday and you want/plan to bump inside you MUST bump for the full week and not just one day. OR take the one day layoff OR hope some senior driver takes the day off with or without taking a dead day basically every Monday all year long cept for peak
Sky is falling

Delivery!!!

The schedule is posted the previous Friday. If I'm scheduled for that Monday I'll show up and work or get 6 hours of pay to go home. If I'm not scheduled I'll tell them on Friday I'll be bumping in on Monday. I've never seen language in the contract that states I need to bump into preload or the local sort for the entire week.

LagunaBrown

Did you bother listening to Denis T?

You are being an arm chair lawyer with your :censored2: post interpretation, and did not bargain the contract.

They will just call you names or use emoji charms to try and discredit you even though you slap them with contract language. They are just here to push a no vote at all costs. Poms Pom cheerleaders thelling people BS when they have no accountability. I agree with you about trusting Dennis T. because a union officials job is on the line if they lie.

542thruNthru

The schedule is posted the previous Friday. If I'm scheduled for that Monday I'll show up and work or get 6 hours of pay to go home. If I'm not scheduled I'll tell them on Friday I'll be bumping in on Monday. I've never seen language in the contract that states I need to bump into preload or the local sort for the entire week.

I believe this all depends on your supplemental contract. Where I am they have to post the schedule the week before and have to work us 8 if he demand it.

I've seen weird workday-workweek language on here that is much worse and could cause problems for people on Mondays.

Benben

Ill take that bet, nobody at UPS delivers Sunday yet!
I cry for our public education system nowadays! Your reading comprehension skills are.........I cry!

id you bother listening to Denis T?

Read the proposal! READ IT! It can not possibly be any clearer! "if work is available." Which of those words is confusing you?

Sky is falling
Nice argument! Well thought out and executed, without a misspelling even. I give it a solid 4, 4.5 at best.

BOG baby, must be nice! Doesn't work like that here. You show up and are number 65 on the seniority list and they cut to 64 routes. You are S.O.L.

Read the proposal! READ IT! It can not possibly be any clearer! "if work is available." Wh

I will admit I was among the opposition based on this language alone. After further research, this really has no bearing on anything. This was always the understanding of the NMA, it just wasn't written. I thought guaranteed 8/40 was in the master, but it never has been.

"As long as work is available" really has no new impact.

That said, if you want to bring a complaint against the NMA guaranteeing 22.4 driver 8/40 and not addressing FSP, I can get down with that.

Still on the "no" train, but not because if this language.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
NO to both of your questions. You will be scheduled Monday-Friday as a regular driver.

"If work is available" is in the contract proposal for a reason!

Routes will be slashed like they have been all this year. The lowest seniority drivers will be sent home Mondays and Tuesdays once Sunday delivery is up and running. You can't bump a Saturday air driver now can you? So what makes you think you could bump into a day that you are not scheduled?

Even if you could why do you think they'd pay OT? OT is for a 6th day punch, you did not work each of the previous 5 days!

RPCD gets screw too. There is nothing guarantee "IF WORK ITS AVAILABLE" meaning you are not getting it it. Goes to the 22.4 why pay more if cheaper drivers get the gig? Vote No!!
38845697_232336230810696_4076948614251806720_n.jpg

LagunaBrown

I’m so tired of all the wanna be Union official posers on the internet on both sides. Don’t act the part run for a position at your local and actually do it. That way at least you have skin in the game when your giving people advice. These YouTube videos are total amateur hour from people that have zero credibility. They say whatever they want with no repercussions. At least if they are Union officials they can get voted out if bad and elevated to help the Union if legit.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
I’m so tired of all the wanna be Union official posers on the internet on both sides. Don’t act the part run for a position at your local and actually do it. That way at least you have skin in the game when your giving people advice. These YouTube videos are total amateur hour from people that have zero credibility. They say whatever they want with no repercussions. At least if they are Union officials they can get voted out if bad and elevated to help the Union if legit.

If you tired go to bed and rest. What for one person is Trash for others are a Treasure. People need to stop being so naive of the real issue, and get educated.