22.4 VS RPCD question

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
If you want to defend sup par information to members in trade for a no vote that is weak.

stop_assuming_worst.png

ClassicFumbles

It was always Fumbles..
Looks like this 22.4 bull:censored2: is happening whether we want it or not. I’m waiting on a bid sheet so I can start driving. Will I have to start as a 22.4 before I can bid on a route as a RPCD?
From what I understand, it used to be “Start as a Cover Driver, work inside if no route needs to be covered, bide your time, bid on a route”
If that’s really how it is, how different are 22.4 and Cover Driver? Besides the bull:censored2: two tier pay.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Looks like this 22.4 bull:censored2: is happening whether we want it or not. I’m waiting on a bid sheet so I can start driving. Will I have to start as a 22.4 before I can bid on a route as a RPCD?
From what I understand, it used to be “Start as a Cover Driver, work inside if no route needs to be covered, bide your time, bid on a route”
If that’s really how it is, how different are 22.4 and Cover Driver? Besides the bull:censored2: two tier pay.

You probably will not have to start as a 22.4 as it's a separate job class from RPCD, but check your new supplement language when it is released.

22.4's will be removed from the contract once it is voted down.

22.4 is here to stay whether the rank and file like it or not. It'll be rammed down our throats by the big hall in Washington DC.

Its on the rank and file to simply not bid into those positions if you ask me.

opie

You probably will not have to start as a 22.4 as it's a separate job class from RPCD, but check your new supplement language when it is released.

22.4 is here to stay whether the rank and file like it or not. It'll be rammed down our throats by the big hall in Washington DC.

Its on the rank and file to simply not bid into those positions if you ask me.

Dennis Taylor said at a meeting he had in Texas recently, it would be removed if voted down. A convincingly high no vote percentage would help. That they would do 3 things. No 22.4s. $15 starting wage for PT. And catch-up raises for current PTers.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Dennis Taylor said at a meeting he had in Texas recently, it would be removed if voted down. A convincingly high no vote percentage would help. That they would do 3 things. No 22.4s. $15 starting wage for PT. And catch-up raises for current PTers.

Keep that in mind when it stays and when it's time to vote for Teamsters leadership again.

happybob

Feeders
I will want to see the proposed changes in writing when they mail out our ballots. This only changes I've seen in this thread is the new 40 hour guarantee for RPCD. This language doesn't guarantee you 40 if work is not available. The New England Supplement does guarantee us 40 hours per week, but when I listened to one of the calls made by Mr. Taylor he stated the 22.4 language will supersede all supplemental language. When 22.4 drivers are working I'm curious to see if they get displaced so that RPCD's take work from the 22.4 drivers to meet the guarantee of 8 hours per day. If this language supersedes the N.E language I will vote no and urge all employees to vote no as well.

Dulce Bombón

votenoups.jpg

Grey

Will they be offering RPCD’s Monday’s off for a majority of the year? As in signing a list and going by seniority?

Dulce Bombón

Will they be offering RPCD’s Monday’s off for a majority of the year? As in signing a list and going by seniority?

Everything strive in their policy: "RPCDs working a Monday through Friday schedule shall be guaranteed five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) consecutive hours per report and forty (40) straight time hours of straight time pay each week, if reporting each day as scheduled, as long as work is available.

Language of the contract doesn't make it guarantee. Nothing of this contract is guaranteed, Vote NO!
ups1.jpg