22.4s Family time, excessive OT and physically demanding

542thruNthru

Anyone else notice that the IBT/contract supporters keep saying the same information over and over?

It never seems to be answers to the difficult questions just the same bullet points since day one.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
See this video about the 22.4 combination driver positions in the tentative UPS national contract, which will protect package-car drivers’ jobs and allow package-car drivers to spend more time with their families on weekends, among other improvements.

Meanwhile, the positions will provide full-time status to the new combination drivers with full-time health, welfare and pension benefits and the opportunity to become package-car drivers. It’s a win-win for both package-car drivers and the new combination drivers!

Click here to WATCH THE VIDEO.

I wish the IBT put as much effort in negotiating full pay and 9.5 protection for 22.4 as they did this GD video.
T8To8j0yy1PxGCH6Yu.gif

Foamer Pyle

See this video about the 22.4 combination driver positions in the tentative UPS national contract, which will protect package-car drivers’ jobs and allow package-car drivers to spend more time with their families on weekends, among other improvements.

Meanwhile, the positions will provide full-time status to the new combination drivers with full-time health, welfare and pension benefits and the opportunity to become package-car drivers. It’s a win-win for both package-car drivers and the new combination drivers!

Click here to WATCH THE VIDEO.
I am pretty sure UPS isn’t giving me anymore time with my family on the weekend, unless they want to count Monday as an additional weekend day off. I would never work a Saturday anyway, being there are only 4 drivers above me. UPS, you can have all of my overtime, i don’t want it.

Anyone bidding on that 22.4 job is going to get screwed harder than Debbie Does Dallas. This company hasn’t treated employees decent in over 20 years.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Ups Rising:

“Let’s just shove the same exact points down their throats until they see how great it is it and puke up a yes vote.”

Zero effort made to actually answer our questions and concerns. Same old :bsbullf:. Same no vote from me.

Box Ox

More friend N nonsense.

Bunch of :censored2:ing half truths and slick wording utilized to not reveal the full implications of the points the Union and Company are co-promoting.

50 seconds in: M-friend schedule for RPCDs (But you, the RPCD, might be "no work is available" laid off on the days 22.4s have off.)

58 seconds: More RPCD time with families on weekends (But you might only be working Tuesday-Friday. So pinch pennies during family outings. Because Saturdays and Sundays aren't that "extra work" you've got "first" crack at unless your location runs outta 22.4s, sucka!)

1:11: RPCD job slots will be "protected" (As management diverts as much work to the 22.4s as possible and turns the RPCD job into :censored2: anyway.)

1:20: No package car driver can be laid off or displaced while 22.4s are working (Better load up those 22.4s on weekends so volume is way down on days they're off and RPCD routes can be cut.)

1:33: "Excellent" 22.4 wage rates with the SAME annual pay increases as RPCDs (but you'll never make as much as they do, suckas!)

1:35: Opportunities to move up to RPCD (If we haven't already been able to force you to quit via physical/mental breakdown thanks to years of heavy overtime while you wait. And those RPCD slots don't have real 40 hour guarantees!)

1:42: A full time pension! (Good luck making it to 30 years under the unlimited overtime workload we're gonna be dumping on you, :censored2:.)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I wish the IBT put as much effort in negotiating full pay and 9.5 protection for 22.4 as they did this GD video.

I remember the old joke.

What if FedEx and UPS merged ?.... FedUp.

No one thought, Yellow Freight and Roadway would merge.

Or, have the financial means to make it happen.

It begs the question;

What would the new company name be ?

Fed-UP-the Amazon.... sounds right.

browned out

Way to go Teamsters. Pretend to solve a problem while actually creating a much bigger probkem.

22.4s are people with families are people too.
22.4s jobs will be the same physically demanding jobs. And their bodies will break down the same way RPCDs do.

5 years NO OT protections EVER.

Sell your BS elsewhere, we already have too much. The truth would be refreshing but the Teamsters lookout for UPS not UPSers.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You despise RPCD who you trying to kid. If you are for it then it must be bad for them
I don’t despise them ... I don’t care.
I am not for it ... again I don’t care.
I am all in 100% for collective bargaining ... if you didn’t have that, UPS would treat you like FedEx pays their drivers.

The post I made does not represent anything I think ... I reposted the email I got from UPSRising.

And Hey! Go :censored2: your self you little turd.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I don’t despise them ... I don’t care.
I am not for it ... again I don’t care.
I am all in 100% for collective bargaining ... if you didn’t have that, UPS would treat you like FedEx pays their drivers.

The post I made does not represent anything I think ... I reposted the email I got from UPSRising.

And Hey! Go :censored2: your self you little turd.

Don't care? Really?
Since the 1997 strike.
Union people by their action showed they didn’t give a :censored2: about the company and so UPS returned the favor.
Go talk to your steward or BA if you want to be taken care of or need a friendly person.
200 (2).gif