25 years old, am I too old to do this?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I would love my job if I stopped getting the green light of death if I smell finishing in under 9 hours and a dispatcher who knew how to actually dispatch and not just cut and paste stops not caring where in the truck they go. Oh that's right they think ORION actually works

john chesney

I would love my job if I stopped getting the green light of death if I smell finishing in under 9 hours and a dispatcher who knew how to actually dispatch and not just cut and paste stops not caring where in the truck they go. Oh that's right they think ORION actually works
Orion has been one of the biggest flops in ups history. The idiots probably spent billions on it and will never admit it. They can spin it all they want to but it is a huge mistake and wasted money

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm interested in becoming a delivery driver despite everyone telling me to run away.
I know that I'm gonna have to wait in line in order to obtain a spot. I'm located in Northern California if that matters. I've done a couple years of construction and am able bodied. I can work hard.

At what age did you guys start?
How long can I do this for?
What is the pension like?
Is working outdoors driving and delivering things as fun as it sounds?
How stressful is this job and does everyone get enough sleep a night? Assuming there's some time left in the day after work...

Edit: I mean....am I too old to get into this and make a career out of it? How many years can I expect to squeeze out of this?
depends on if you wear skinny jeans, got your ears pierced and look like a towel

Staydryitsraining

You can't retire anymore until you hit a certain age. So the earlier you start the longer you have to work. 25 is young and working construction, your probably not a whiney bitch like alot of people who never had to work hard for :censored2: pay before driving. You'll be fine. I'm not sure about northern California but southern California SD area the wait is a decade so that might be a problem

You can't retire anymore until you hit a certain age. So the earlier you start the longer you have to work. 25 is young and working construction, your probably not a whiney bitch like alot of people who never had to work hard for :censored2: pay before driving. You'll be fine. I'm not sure about northern California but southern California SD area the wait is a decade so that might be a problem
You have no baby boomers driving?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You are a very angry person

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I am sure you are being sarcastic, but some drivers do show up an hour early to drink coffee and shoot the bull with the other drivers and sups.

We have a group of drivers we refer to as The Breakfast Club. They show up at like 7:30 with Denny's to go or god knows what. They sit around eating, gossiping really loudly and once they get done, wander around the belt telling the preloaders how to load. My sup said they do the exact same thing when they return for the evening. They don't leave to center til 8pm. I guess they hate their families.

john chesney

We have a group of drivers we refer to as The Breakfast Club. They show up at like 7:30 with Denny's to go or god knows what. They sit around eating, gossiping really loudly and once they get done, wander around the belt telling the preloaders how to load. My sup said they do the exact same thing when they return for the evening. They don't leave to center til 8pm. I guess they hate their families.
Or their families hate them

There's 3 guys like that at my center and they're insufferable.