30 day progression NOT being honored

Brownroundtown

According to your supplemental language if you were hired between Oct 1st and Dec 31 your 30 days do not count.
View attachment 226623

So after peak you would have to complete your 30 days in a 120 day period to make book (make seniority).

I would still contact your BA. Call (408) 453-0287 and ask to speak to your buisness agent for UPS.
Thank you for taking the time to obtain this information for me. I spent at least 8 hours online yesterday looking for something like this. The one I found was a little different but it said seasonal employees don't earn hours toward their seniority during peak but that a probationary employee could indeed earn his seniority during peak. I probably was reading from an article that hadn't been updated. Left a message with the BA earlier this afternoon, never received a call back, will try him again in the morning.

Brownroundtown

Sounds like you’re trying to hide something
Nothing to hide. I passed the background check like everyone else in brown. I'm just smart enough to know that the reason my license was suspended isn't relevant as far as this thread is concerned. It seemed to me like the person asking the question was more interested in prying into my personal business than he was in trying to help me with my dilemma.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I wasn't an employee at the time that I applied. And yes I applied and was hired as a full time driver. They were also accepting applications for seasonal drivers at that time.

Based on your previous posts, it sounds like you will get a chance to qualify after the free period. Try to avoid being switched over to seasonal, if at all possible. Let them know you are serious about the job, and want the chance to demonstrate that you can do it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If they started ahead of the "seasonal period" without an extension being granted by the Local, why would that be the case???
Yup.
Central and western allow people to earn their seniority and FT position in december if they started before the seasonal period.
I believe southern and eastern do not.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Been working here five years now and still part time and some places give these guys full time jobs right out of the gate.... thanks teamsters. I’ll try to make 22.4 fit somewhere up my butt.

But the union says you wanted the 22.4 job... SMH. I would be pretty upset if I were in your shoes. For me it was going from 2 1/2 years to 3, then finally a 4 year progression before becoming a driver. At this rate, anyone who is a part timer now who wants to drive will end up working twenty years just to get to top scale package car wage. That's not a career, that's an insult.

B-Brown

Why is everyone making this so complicated? If you do less than 30 working days (punched in) before November 1st, then the days in November and December do not count. Meaning you are not eligible for seniority during that period.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why is everyone making this so complicated? If you do less than 30 working days (punched in) before November 1st, then the days in November and December do not count. Meaning you are not eligible for seniority during that period.

Not in my area. Anyone hired before the seasonal period will continue to accrue seniority during peak.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I have a start date of oct 28,does this mean I would get my 30 till after peak, even if I were able to work every single day?
Read the thread......here’s the short version, it’s different depending on where your located due to contracts that cover specific geographic areas. So since you didn’t say what contract you’re covered under, or give your generic location, no one here can possibly tell you.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
8FF4C9B9-4F27-4E80-871E-CBCCACAEC3B1.jpeg

This is what you are to them.

Until you gain seniority you have 0 rights

They can do whatever they want to with you