30 day progression NOT being honored

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Do you even know what supplemental language you fall under???

....it's very important, your career may depend on you knowing.

Said he was near San Jose, so Western Region Supplement I would think. Is that considered Southern California? Maybe @542thruNthru has better info. In my center they qualify drivers during peak, but I've never had occasion to look into the language about it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Said he was near San Jose, so Western Region Supplement I would think. Is that considered Southern California? Maybe @542thruNthru has better info. In my center they qualify drivers during peak, but I've never had occasion to look into the language about it.
I didn't bother to read the whole thread, instead choosing to demonstrate once again the ridiculous "autonomous" nature of our various supplements....and our natural assumption that it's the same everywhere.

Again, why would this issue need to be defined under different criteria from region to region....

....or is this another issue that should be specifically defined for all of us in "our" National Master???

DRporch

imagine if we didnt have to qualify and only work 30 days to be a full time driver. if managment is saying ur going slow and you have a helper chances are youre being let go with the rest of the seasonals. we had seasonals starting in late September this year. you may have applied for the job but you still have to earn the job

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The main reason they are not in the western is because of the pension.

I don't know why they have so many different rules for different regions. If it's not weather related it doesn't make sense.
....or economic (COLA)/topographic issues???

As it stands, there are way too many common issues like these that are provided for "autonomously", while we vote for a so-called "Master" contract "collectively".

Brownroundtown

NP. Is this your local?

Local #287
1452 N 4th Street
San Jose, California
(408) 453-0287
[email protected]
Yes
imagine if we didnt have to qualify and only work 30 days to be a full time driver. if managment is saying ur going slow and you have a helper chances are youre being let go with the rest of the seasonals. we had seasonals starting in late September this year. you may have applied for the job but you still have to earn the job
Everyone has a helper this time of year.. They send them out with you because they're being paid to sit around the office. Our helpers are bussed in from Stockton, Lodi,Lathrop and cities that are two ours away from our hub so they want to make sure they all get sent out.

allahuakbar

She/Her
I work in the Bay Area Sunnyvale/San Jose and I read something online in one of the union articles that says seasonal employees can't be hired before October 15 and I was hired before then.
Did you hit 30 days before October 15th?

I’d just see what the “meeting is all about tomorrow and talk to your steward aswell.

Brownroundtown

I’d just see what the “meeting is all about tomorrow and talk to your steward aswell.
Steward initially told me if I passed my thirty I was good. I waited a week past my 30 to even mention it because I didn't want any problems or them trying to pull something on me before my time was up. But yeah I'll see what they have to say tomorrow. Hopefully everything works out. I've only gotten NEEDED help once and that was the end day of peak. And then once last week after I started voicing my opinion about my progression. That time I felt they just sent help to make me look bad cause I had less than 60 stops left on the truck and it was still early.

Brownsocks

Just a dog

I was off the street and I hit my 30 in Nov and qualified. Not sure about your supplement, but I think its at UPS discretion.
So I applied for a full time driver position, completed the integral process and have been working for UPS for more than the 30 work days required to officially become a full time driver. Management says because the last few weeks have been peak season that they are unsure if I can handle the workload. Can they deny me my full time status or do they have to promote me since I've completely 30 days?
I was off the street and I hit my 30 in Nov and my center manager confirmed I qualified. Not sure about your supplement, but I think its at UPS discretion after Oct 15th. They told me as long as I hit my 30 before they put helpers on car I was good and they didnt lie.

542thruNthru

I was a helper a few years back and applied online once I got my drivers license reinstated. I applied for full time driver not the seasonal position they had posted and I was told by EVERYONE including management that anyone hired on before November was full time and not seasonal.

So how does the 30 days work and do they have to honor it? Cause now they're saying we can let you go or keep you on as seasonal and rehire you in January so we can see how you work without a helper lol.

According to your supplemental language if you were hired between Oct 1st and Dec 31 your 30 days do not count.
Screenshot_20181217-073812.png

So after peak you would have to complete your 30 days in a 120 day period to make book (make seniority).

I would still contact your BA. Call (408) 453-0287 and ask to speak to your buisness agent for UPS.