30 day progression NOT being honored

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So I applied for a full time driver position, completed the integral process and have been working for UPS for more than the 30 work days required to officially become a full time driver. Management says because the last few weeks have been peak season that they are unsure if I can handle the workload. Can they deny me my full time status or do they have to promote me since I've completely 30 days?
We need to know what regional supplement you are working under in order to answer this question???

allahuakbar

She/Her
If they started ahead of the "seasonal period" without an extension being granted by the Local, why would that be the case???
Because he hasn’t been hired. He’s just a casual. Until he does his phone call he’s nothing but a casual. He started during the freeze too.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's the free period. Do you not know this?
Not if he was hired before the defined "seasonal period", unless the Local agreed to an "extension"....otherwise he was hired as a "probationary employee" (see Art 1 of the Central Region Supplement).

Can't speak for other regions, but you are for sure in the Central, right???
Thanks for the info and I yeah I started before November and December.

Not if he was hired before the defined "seasonal period", unless the Local agreed to an "extension"....otherwise he was hired as a "probationary employee" (see Art 1 of the Central Region Supplement).

Can't speak for other regions, but you are for sure in the Central, right???
30 in 90
Those days in between doesn't count

Brownroundtown

I work in the Bay Area Sunnyvale/San Jose and I read something online in one of the union articles that says seasonal employees can't be hired before October 15 and I was hired before then.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
30 in 90
Those days in between doesn't count
Article 1 of the CRSA clearly defines the difference between a "probationary employee" and a "seasonal employee" by subsections (a) and (b) respectively.

Only the "Seasonal Employee" language, subsection (b) provides for:

"Time worked from November 1st through the Friday of the second full week of January of the following year not accrue toward seniority"

The "Probationary Employee" language, subsection (a), carries with it no such so-called freeze period distinction.