30 seconds of panic....

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
One time when I was making a pickup, I went inside to scan all the packages and set my DIAD on the table. I carried them out to load them in my truck as the guy locked the place up and hauled ass out of there. It was sometime during that moment I realized my board was still sitting on that table and was like oh :censored2:.

gear-guy

Easy to do. MY house is on my route and have left it there several times. Not fun when I go to reach for it and the panic sets in. Usually my wife calls and say's hey stupid guess what you forgot.

rod

Retired 22 years
I once had to backtrack 13 miles to a farm where I had left my board after getting into a conversation with a farmer. My route mileage could vary from one day to the next so nobody was the wiser. In fact I think I looked extra good that day because of the bump in miles.

margaritaville

I thought i left it at a fast food place and some hispanic kids stole it. But i really left it on top of a letter box. It was at the end of the day so nothing was effected. But i felt like an :censored2: for assuming.

rod

Retired 22 years
Delivered to the loading dock of a hospital and met a custodian wheeling a cart load of boxes on an old steel UPS cart. He said as far as he knew some driver had left it there years ago and they had been using it forever. If I remember correct I told him to keep it.

BrownTexas

...and if there were none available...?

What if the pkg car had been loaded by an hourly and all the sup was doing was bringing them from Point A to Point B, where they would be unloaded by an hourly?
Still gonna file. That's for the labor manager and the business agent to work out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I lost mine a few months ago, that is an embarrassing phone call to make after searching the inside of a package car for half an hour. I had made a delivery and thought I left it laying on the seat. Supervisor used its GPS and told me exactly where it fell out of my car and was laying in the middle of an intersection. I probably ran over it myself turning around, it still worked.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
One guy here left his on the bumper at a pickup stop where one of the gals had the hots for him. She came out to see his package and he shut the doors for a quickie. He drove away a little too happy and the diad bounced off never to be seen again. This was in the Diad 1 days, and no GPS. They had to reconstruct a time card from his recollections. I doubt he told them the whole story.

jaker

trolling
I was walking back from a business stop and missed my clip and it went into the sewer never to be seen again

That was a weird phone call to management

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Yesterday, the driver I am with had about 30 seconds of panic when he thought he lost his cell phone. He left it in the back on a package.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
u pooped yourself I bet

Me no. Why would I? The driver, perhaps. Although, I did almost lose my cellphone my first year. It fell out of the pullover jacket pocket on the ground in a customers yard at night. The driver had not come back yet from across the street when I realized I lost my cellphone. So I went searching for it with a flashlight and got lucky that I found it.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Off-topic but, my cell phones condition is on par with the typical UPS facility...all cracked, broken, pieces missing...sometimes I drop it just to see if it will still work afterwards. I hope I lose it!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Before you realize the super deep WOOF coming from the garage, which is between you and your truck, is emanating from a very sweet, slobbery, HUGE mastiff.