300 a week bonus to new hires

rod

Retired 22 years
Retirement party next Friday for one of my drivers I preloaded for several decades ago. Started 1971 PT, package car driver for many years and finished up in porters. 47 years total. We have another porter (former Feeder driver) who is in his mid 70's and no sign of retiring. Another PT clerk with like 45 years and early 70's has no plans to retire. Another International clerk is in her early 70's has no plans to retire any time soon.

Sad---they could all be enjoying their families and retirement

Heavy Package

47 years total. We have another porter (former Feeder driver) who is in his mid 70's and no sign of retiring. Another PT clerk with like 45 years and early 70's has no plans to retire. Another International clerk is in her early 70's has no plans to retire any time soon.

God help anyone who has to report to work at a UPS facility in their 70's

badpal

Retirement party next Friday for one of my drivers I preloaded for several decades ago. Started 1971 PT, package car driver for many years and finished up in porters. 47 years total. We have another porter (former Feeder driver) who is in his mid 70's and no sign of retiring. Another PT clerk with like 45 years and early 70's has no plans to retire. Another International clerk is in her early 70's has no plans to retire any time soon.
Abit off subject but what do your porters do? We aint got none at my center. About 25 years ago i shuttled some air to a center in a nearby state and they had a washer and dryer for washing browns for the drivers and said porters did it. Are there any centers out there still in the clothes washing business?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Abit off subject but what do your porters do? We aint got none at my center. About 25 years ago i shuttled some air to a center in a nearby state and they had a washer and dryer for washing browns for the drivers and said porters did it. Are there any centers out there still in the clothes washing business?
No.

AwashBwashCwash

I'm a part-timer in my 20s and I think I've fallen in love with our international clerk she must be in her 50s she started this job in this very building before I was born. She's just so pleasant. I wish I could make a move but there's nothing I can do man.

rod

Retired 22 years
Used to be in the contract that UPS had to maintain uniforms including washing. Our porters and mechanics still have an outside service that clean their uniforms.

Did the laundry service for drivers pants disappear? Once we had so many pairs of pants hanging on the rack it broke. When I retired I burned at the very minimum a dozen pair. Tried to turn them into the center manager but he didn't want them.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Did you ever consider that just maybe he enjoyed his job? I have 41 years in with no plans to retire any time soon. Of course that could change at any time.

health willing, that will be me. 29 years in now in my early 50s with what i consider to be a "retiree" job. take home a grand a week with a total of two months paid time off. i got a fan and a heater and a radio im in control of plus a stool to sit on when my feet get tired of standing. not to mention decent hours with no alarm clock to deal with and i do not clean toilets. i understand im in a very unique position compared to a driver, but still i hope no one thinks im crazy when i hit 40 years. last guy that retired from my position was in his 60s with close to 40 years in

DOK

Where on earth do all you guys work?
I get $10.35 an hour with zero bonus. Zip. Nada.

Your weekly bonus is worth nearly twice as much as my actual wages.

In the past five years, we've seen:

• three new Amazon buildings
  • one UPS hub expansion
  • one new UPS hub
  • Jet move in
We're a large-ish metro area, but not large enough to support all that, apparently. Amazon siphons off the new hires before they get in the door, and then Jet has been taking a sizeable chunk of the PTers that have been here 2-10 years.

The new hub gave up on their daysort operation last year because they couldn't staff it.

What is Jet? Lol

DOK

Where on earth do all you guys work?
I get $10.35 an hour with zero bonus. Zip. Nada.

Your weekly bonus is worth nearly twice as much as my actual wages.

In the past five years, we've seen:

• three new Amazon buildings
  • one UPS hub expansion
  • one new UPS hub
  • Jet move in
We're a large-ish metro area, but not large enough to support all that, apparently. Amazon siphons off the new hires before they get in the door, and then Jet has been taking a sizeable chunk of the PTers that have been here 2-10 years.

The new hub gave up on their daysort operation last year because they couldn't staff it.
Bonus is unfair. At my center even people who are getting benefits still get the bonus. I don’t and I only have 6 months seniority over them. Maybe we should do a class action or contact the media. What a slap in the face.
You are getting paid what the contract says you ahshou get paid. If UPS chooses to pay someone extrà, nothing you can really do about it.

I thought there was wording that says to the affect, “all employees are covered under this agreement no side deals”, or something like that.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
E96E0BFB-33DB-4AA1-85A2-0419DD3EA9E3.jpeg
What is Jet? Lol

UPSHopeful

health willing, that will be me. 29 years in now in my early 50s with what i consider to be a "retiree" job. take home a grand a week with a total of two months paid time off. i got a fan and a heater and a radio im in control of plus a stool to sit on when my feet get tired of standing. not to mention decent hours with no alarm clock to deal with and i do not clean toilets. i understand im in a very unique position compared to a driver, but still i hope no one thinks im crazy when i hit 40 years. last guy that retired from my position was in his 60s with close to 40 years in
Sorry maybe I missed it, but what position do you have lol?