300 a week bonus to new hires

polyp

Where on earth do all you guys work?
I get $10.35 an hour with zero bonus. Zip. Nada.

Your weekly bonus is worth nearly twice as much as my actual wages.

In the past five years, we've seen:

• three new Amazon buildings
  • one UPS hub expansion
  • one new UPS hub
  • Jet move in
We're a large-ish metro area, but not large enough to support all that, apparently. Amazon siphons off the new hires before they get in the door, and then Jet has been taking a sizeable chunk of the PTers that have been here 2-10 years.

The new hub gave up on their daysort operation last year because they couldn't staff it.

cachmeifucan

They can keep pay low just keep bonuses going. I wonder if we can file a wage claim for department of labor. or grievances for something maybe for despair treatment. Our national teamsters are a joke a embarrassment to the initials dt

cachmeifucan

They are getting 10.35 a hour plus the bonus. I just found out that they will also be getting a reto Check for. 2.65 a hour for every hour they worked so they are making 25$ a hour coming in the door. 300 bonus divided by 25 hour equals 12 plus the 10.35 plus the 2.65 retro pay

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
They are getting 10.35 a hour plus the bonus. I just found out that they will also be getting a reto Check for. 2.65 a hour for every hour they worked so they are making 25$ a hour coming in the door. 300 bonus divided by 25 hour equals 12 plus the 10.35 plus the 2.65 retro pay

If I were you I’d quit
and get rehired

What could go wrong

Stir crazy

New hires are now getting 300 a week for sunrise and night sort just to show up on time every day it comes our to 22.35 a hour with 25 hours worked. Wtf 705 still has a chance to push the vote over 50 percent come one come all to Hodgkins IL cach facility to help push out a no vote
This is totally unfair. At my center these new hires still get the bonus after getting benefits. We do same job same pay but no bonus. Sadly I only have 6 months seniority over them. Maybe we should do a class action or contact the media.
New hires are now getting 300 a week for sunrise and night sort just to show up on time every day it comes our to 22.35 a hour with 25 hours worked. Wtf 705 still has a chance to push the vote over 50 percent come one come all to Hodgkins IL cach facility to help push out a no vote
It's 300 at cach for sunrise and 200 a week for daysort. As of last week I wonder if it anything to do with the contract snow to raise the amount of actual dues paying members even though they don't have 49 days

Stir crazy

Bonus is unfair. At my center even people who are getting benefits still get the bonus. I don’t and I only have 6 months seniority over them. Maybe we should do a class action or contact the media. What a slap in the face.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Bonus is unfair. At my center even people who are getting benefits still get the bonus. I don’t and I only have 6 months seniority over them. Maybe we should do a class action or contact the media. What a slap in the face.

I’ll give you a little advice

Life’s not fair. the sooner you figure this out the better off you’ll be

You are getting paid what the contract says you ahshou get paid. If UPS chooses to pay someone extrà, nothing you can really do about it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I worked the first 17 years straight without missing a day-----damn we were fools.
How about that Marty guy who retired a few years ago with 63 years at ups... think he only missed 3 or 4 days that whole time ... ridiculous!!!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They are getting 150 a week bonus in my hub.

Here is the kicker. They just have to show up. It doesn't matter if you are late. If you eventually show up and get 5 days you get the bonus.