300 a week bonus to new hires

PT Car Washer

You have it totally wrong--actually my friends and I were amazed that the part timers didn't even bother to vote and let that perk get away. Those who are too lazy to even vote get NOTHING------- and deserve it
Just like the FT members who didn't vote this contract.

rod

Retired 22 years
Your part-time bonus probably came in form of much better pay, in inflation-adjusted dollars, than part time UPSers make today.

In 1971 I made $6.75 an hour (after working 90 days). According to Google that is equal to $41.00 an hour now. UPS has continued to go down hill in wages.

PT Car Washer

You can't force stupid people to vote. My center ALWAYS pushed for a no vote on all contracts.
In the 1982 contract I remember our Union leadership warning us against the two tier wage proposal. Once you lose something you never get it back. FT sold us out for the $1000 bonus.

PT Car Washer

By 1982 part timers out numbered full time----who sold who out?
I don't think so. The explosion in PT jobs happened because of the cheaper wages. especially now that PT wages are minimum wages with no benefits. But hey, I got mine so what do I care.

MAKAVELI

Bunch of of full time haters on here. You want to know why you guys got friend* on this contract? A severe lack of unity. And yes that includes part timers. You are your worst enemy when it comes to these contract votes. Smh,,,,,,

542thruNthru

Bunch of of full time haters on here. You want to know why you guys got friend* on this contract? A severe lack of unity. And yes that includes part timers. You are your worst enemy when it comes to these contract votes. Smh,,,,,,

Yep. To much we are better then them crap.

542thruNthru

That's the problem with the IBT. Instead of focusing on unifying the membership they play the same as UPS, divide and conquer.

I don't even think we can blame it on the IBT. It's just the membership in general. I see Drivers all the time looking down on and treating PT like second class citizens.

Could the IBT help sure but look how many drivers were upset that the new hires were getting such a bump.

MAKAVELI

I don't even think we can blame it on the IBT. It's just the membership in general. I see Drivers all the time looking down on and treating PT like second class citizens.

Could the IBT help sure but look how many drivers were upset that the new hires were getting such a bump.
The IBT has been complacent when it comes to PT and FT unification.

AwashBwashCwash

Where on earth do all you guys work?
I get $10.35 an hour with zero bonus. Zip. Nada.

Your weekly bonus is worth nearly twice as much as my actual wages.

rod

Retired 22 years

I think that's twice this year I've agreed with you---I must be getting mellow in my old age:rolleyes:

browntroll

yup, alot of drivers here are told by on road supervisors that part timers are no longer their friends and shouldnt even be
talked to now. they get told by other drivers that part timers are hub rats. i think drivers and part timers should have some
sort of understanding now of what happens when we dont work together.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It is hard not to despise those who did not vote on this crucial contract, unfortunately these clueless young part timers are a easy target. Well over a 100,000 so called members did not even bother to spend 5 minutes and vote, the ones with the excuses of that they did not get a ballot...Shame on you, no excuse for that. The real problem now is all those "NO" voters who spent the time to get involved and voted their concerns about the concessions and problem with this contract they are losing something that the Union really needed..Passion and the Hope of changing things for the better through the system. Now they see that the system is broken..What now.

The negotiating committees settled this way before the voting...Study the history and timetable of the events. I pray that Freight, Local 804 and the rest fights till they get what they want, they deserve it, they got out the vote, to the victor goes the spoils.

I am in the "Central" and a vast majority of us are willing to wait to till the next contract if necessary before this one is finally ratified. Also it will give me and others the pleasure of seeing all those "retro (yes) babies" newbies quit or be fired before they get their final retro checks..Just call me vindictive. :devil3:

Time for change

These bonuses and this contract being imposed show just how worthless and unneeded the Teamsters really are. Members are leaving in droves. Good job union busters DT and JH