4 new part time positions.

TUT

If Biden is your standard bearer I feel good about the Repubs chances.

Republicans cannot win at this time unless they make major cultural changes and that will be tricky as it will be looked at as not-sincere. Nationally they are in big trouble.

They will have to support all minorities, gays, basically things about everyone being equal. Things about respecting everyone is different. They lip service that but don't live it. They are the one's fighting nature under the ruse of the Bible. Well if they are thumping so much, they'd then realize we are all Gods creations and respect it. The one Rep a couple weeks ago was vehemently against gays, until he found out his son was gay... Wala now he's pro-gay. They are phonies. They want this perfect beings (and I do have some long term issues where cloning/robotics are going), but nature doesn't work that way. Their the unnatural ones. Give it up, share the wealth, be a good Samaritan, live in peace instead of segregation.

I am also a huge fan of online-alpha dogs... "I don't need nothing, I'll take care of myself", forgetting the have family to and well they aren't all alpha's and some will have raw deals brought their way, some will be sick, some will just be naturally limited. They forget to think it all out when making the perfect human species, that they are basically throwing out their own kin.

vantexan

Republicans cannot win at this time unless they make major cultural changes and that will be tricky as it will be looked at as not-sincere. Nationally they are in big trouble.

They will have to support all minorities, gays, basically things about everyone being equal. Things about respecting everyone is different. They lip service that but don't live it. They are the one's fighting nature under the ruse of the Bible. Well if they are thumping so much, they'd then realize we are all Gods creations and respect it. The one Rep a couple weeks ago was vehemently against gays, until he found out his son was gay... Wala now he's pro-gay. They are phonies. They want this perfect beings (and I do have some long term issues where cloning/robotics are going), but nature doesn't work that way. Their the unnatural ones. Give it up, share the wealth, be a good Samaritan, live in peace instead of segregation.

I am also a huge fan of online-alpha dogs... "I don't need nothing, I'll take care of myself", forgetting the have family to and well they aren't all alpha's and some will have raw deals brought their way, some will be sick, some will just be naturally limited. They forget to think it all out when making the perfect human species, that they are basically throwing out their own kin.

Sure, and Hillary was against gay marriage until she just came out for it. Right. When are you guys going to realize that it doesn't matter which party you support, the average working man or woman is going to get shafted? Either we're taken advantage of by the greedy or taxed to death by those those who spread it around to their voting blocs. And you assume too much about Republicans as all seeing things the same way. Most average Republicans are just wanting to keep more of what they earn to better take care of THEIR families. And they gladly welcome various people who share the same philosophy. What we need to fight against is the ultra rich who see themselves as a new aristocracy, and against those who waste, or essentially launder money for themselves and their backers. Congress is full of examples of those in both parties who've used the system to enrich themselves. Please save the self righteousness until you clean up your own cesspool. Plenty of blame to go around.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Why is it with the righties it's always

"you'll see, blah blah blah will happen in x amount of years".

It never does and they just move on to the next made up future catastrophe.

Drives me crazy.

bbsam

Staff member
Sure, and Hillary was against gay marriage until she just came out for it. Right. When are you guys going to realize that it doesn't matter which party you support, the average working man or woman is going to get shafted? Either we're taken advantage of by the greedy or taxed to death by those those who spread it around to their voting blocs. And you assume too much about Republicans as all seeing things the same way. Most average Republicans are just wanting to keep more of what they earn to better take care of THEIR families. And they gladly welcome various people who share the same philosophy. What we need to fight against is the ultra rich who see themselves as a new aristocracy, and against those who waste, or essentially launder money for themselves and their backers. Congress is full of examples of those in both parties who've used the system to enrich themselves. Please save the self righteousness until you clean up your own cesspool. Plenty of blame to go around.

You know, van, I can respect that. But Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton can both get their parties nomination. I don't think Jeb Bush or Chris Christie can get theirs.

vantexan

One of the reasons unemployment isn't going down is that business owners are extracting more productivity form existing workers rather than hiring. The real whores are the Boehners and McConnells who are so beholden to Big Business that they must do their bidding or be forced from office. Anything Obama wants to do to stimulate the economy is met head-on with a block wall by the GOP.

It's ironic that our debt issue was caused by GOP tax cuts, two GOP wars, and a GOP-driven recession, but that you want Obama to cut spending on his watch, which is precisely what is needed to increase employment. Why is that?

No politician cares about any of us farther than getting our vote, so there's nothing unique about Pelosi and Reid. However, at least they want to do something about moving us away from the rut we're stuck in. The GOP wants to dig-in, and double-down on the policies that got us into this mess in the first place.

As usual, we agree to disagree.

He's still giving billions to "green" energy companies. He threw away trillions in his first four years. Thank goodness the Republicans won the House in 2010 to slow the pace. Even so, the more money we print, the closer we come to a monetary collapse. Why? Because all the countries propping us up by buying our debt are going to stop as the money inflates. They are getting screwed on their return on investment. China, Russia, and others are already talking of creating an alternative to the Dollar as the world's reserve currency. If that happens, especially if oil is no longer bought and sold in Dollars, our financial system collapses. What's a way out? With new technology we can now get at oil that gives us greater reserves by far than any country out there. We can stop the huge outflow to the Mideast. Obama won't let us tap the oil on Federal land and is doing everything to block things like the Keystone pipeline.

The GOP tax cuts actually greatly improved the economy. And if you notice even Obama decided to not end them for most of the population. The problem was, and still is, the huge real estate bubble created by a number of players, both Republican and Democrat, driven by unmitigated greed, that when it burst resulted in the greatest loss in personal wealth this country has ever seen. But Obama came into office in 2011 and since then our national debt has increased by close to 5 trillion Dollars. No matter if you are for or against, it's unsustainable, and we're all going to pay for it. And sadly because he's Democrat you'll assume that what he's doing is the right thing. Bush spent too much too, but the solution was fiscal responsibility, not doubling down. We can agree to disagree, but when it all falls apart we'll be agreeing that life as we know it will never be the same in our lifetime.

vantexan

Why is it with the righties it's always

"you'll see, blah blah blah will happen in x amount of years".

It never does and they just move on to the next made up future catastrophe.

Drives me crazy.

What is it with lefties who sing "Cumbaya" and skip, hand-in-hand, through fields of daisies?

Drives me crazy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He's still giving billions to "green" energy companies. He threw away trillions in his first four years. Thank goodness the Republicans won the House in 2010 to slow the pace. Even so, the more money we print, the closer we come to a monetary collapse. Why? Because all the countries propping us up by buying our debt are going to stop as the money inflates. They are getting screwed on their return on investment. China, Russia, and others are already talking of creating an alternative to the Dollar as the world's reserve currency. If that happens, especially if oil is no longer bought and sold in Dollars, our financial system collapses. What's a way out? With new technology we can now get at oil that gives us greater reserves by far than any country out there. We can stop the huge outflow to the Mideast. Obama won't let us tap the oil on Federal land and is doing everything to block things like the Keystone pipeline.

The GOP tax cuts actually greatly improved the economy. And if you notice even Obama decided to not end them for most of the population. The problem was, and still is, the huge real estate bubble created by a number of players, both Republican and Democrat, driven by unmitigated greed, that when it burst resulted in the greatest loss in personal wealth this country has ever seen. But Obama came into office in 2011 and since then our national debt has increased by close to 5 trillion Dollars. No matter if you are for or against, it's unsustainable, and we're all going to pay for it. And sadly because he's Democrat you'll assume that what he's doing is the right thing. Bush spent too much too, but the solution was fiscal responsibility, not doubling down. We can agree to disagree, but when it all falls apart we'll be agreeing that life as we know it will never be the same in our lifetime.

You are a serious example of self-contradiction. The GOP is the party of the individual, and FedEx (especially Ground) is a prime example of Tea Party Principles in action. It's Fred's company, so he gets all the profits...simple. Even if you and I help generate profits far in excess of what we are paid, that's too bad because we aren't entrepreneurial enough and Fred still gets it all. Ground is even "better", because it allows "entrepreneurs" to bloom and is an example of the American Dream at-work. Too bad that the dream depends on indentured servitude and a government-subidized workforce.

"Life will never be the same" because the middle class is being destroyed, by precisely the people you support. Boehner, McConnell, and the rest are just fine with a world where the Smiths make the rules, pay crap wages, and have all the advantages. Too bad if you the worker cannot make ends meet, because that's just the new reality, where workers accept the wages they are given, have zero bargaining power, and work for far less than what they are truly worth. FedEx is a prime example of this, at all of the opcos.

GOP tax cuts have done far more for the upper classes than the rest of us. The deficit has much of it's origins in "job creators" who don't pay their fair share, and actually pay way less than a fair share due to write-offs. Fred is always moaning about "high corporate taxes" when Fedex pays nowhere near the figures he cites.

Maybe we can frack our way to prosperity and energy independence, but at what cost? I guess it doesn't bother you that toxic chemical are being injected into aquifers and that areas that have seldom if ever experienced earthquakes are now seeing them regularly? It's pretty clear that fracking messes-up the underlying structures of the regional geology.

You want better wages, and support a union, neither of which are consistent with GOP principles. Attacking public employee unions, teacher unions, and unions in general is the way Republicans play the game. They don't want higher worker wages, collective bargaining, or anything else that hurts profit, which should all go to the business owner anyway.

Smith was seriously mentioned as a possible Romney VP running mate, which would have made the TP very happy, because Romney wasn't conservative enough for them...Smith was. How can you support the party that is your oppressor? It's like you have Stockholm syndrome as you waver back and forth between wanting a better life and supporting your "captor".

This is a debate, not an attack, and I hope you view it in that light.

vantexan

You are a serious example of self-contradiction. The GOP is the party of the individual, and FedEx (especially Ground) is a prime example of Tea Party Principles in action. It's Fred's company, so he gets all the profits...simple. Even if you and I help generate profits far in excess of what we are paid, that's too bad because we aren't entrepreneurial enough and Fred still gets it all. Ground is even "better", because it allows "entrepreneurs" to bloom and is an example of the American Dream at-work. Too bad that the dream depends on indentured servitude and a government-subidized workforce.

"Life will never be the same" because the middle class is being destroyed, by precisely the people you support. Boehner, McConnell, and the rest are just fine with a world where the Smiths make the rules, pay crap wages, and have all the advantages. Too bad if you the worker cannot make ends meet, because that's just the new reality, where workers accept the wages they are given, have zero bargaining power, and work for far less than what they are truly worth. FedEx is a prime example of this, at all of the opcos.

GOP tax cuts have done far more for the upper classes than the rest of us. The deficit has much of it's origins in "job creators" who don't pay their fair share, and actually pay way less than a fair share due to write-offs. Fred is always moaning about "high corporate taxes" when Fedex pays nowhere near the figures he cites.

Maybe we can frack our way to prosperity and energy independence, but at what cost? I guess it doesn't bother you that toxic chemical are being injected into aquifers and that areas that have seldom if ever experienced earthquakes are now seeing them regularly? It's pretty clear that fracking messes-up the underlying structures of the regional geology.

You want better wages, and support a union, neither of which are consistent with GOP principles. Attacking public employee unions, teacher unions, and unions in general is the way Republicans play the game. They don't want higher worker wages, collective bargaining, or anything else that hurts profit, which should all go to the business owner anyway.

Smith was seriously mentioned as a possible Romney VP running mate, which would have made the TP very happy, because Romney wasn't conservative enough for them...Smith was. How can you support the party that is your oppressor? It's like you have Stockholm syndrome as you waver back and forth between wanting a better life and supporting your "captor".

This is a debate, not an attack, and I hope you view it in that light.

Toxic chemicals aren't being injected into aquifers. Every claim by environmentalists have been debunked. Pure and simple they are against fossil fuels and will say anything to stop them from being produced. Just another example of falsehoods touted by radicals.

I've consistently said we must stop the ultra rich from grabbing too much but you are against anyone who creates a business and provides jobs. Those who produce, who provide the goods and services we all want, should be rewarded within reason. Those who are just content to let others do all the creating, take all the risks deserve less. How much they get should be determined by how hard they work and their skill set. In the case of FedEx no matter how hard you work you won't be rewarded and you end up a chump for trying to do the right thing. But not all businesses are like that but I get the impression from your writing that a regular worker deserves as much as the owner.

If you look at the excesses that public unions are providing you'll see why quite a few municipalities have declared bankruptcy and many more are contemplating it. That's taxpayer money that provides those golden benefits and retirement, and there's just not enough to go around. Here's a hard truth, there's not an endless stream of money being hogged by a few. There's only so much to go around and any administration that isn't business friendly shrinks that pool even further. I don't disagree with you for a second about people like Smith who has more than he could ever spend and yet still wants more. But if you take away the incentive to better yourself, being creative, taking risks and being rewarded for it then the whole system falls apart. It won't be replaced with something better because all other systems will just insure that we're all miserable together.

Make no mistake about it, if the Dollar collapses we are in for much worse misery than we experienced in 2008-2009.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Toxic chemicals aren't being injected into aquifers. Every claim by environmentalists have been debunked. Pure and simple they are against fossil fuels and will say anything to stop them from being produced. Just another example of falsehoods touted by radicals.

I've consistently said we must stop the ultra rich from grabbing too much but you are against anyone who creates a business and provides jobs. Those who produce, who provide the goods and services we all want, should be rewarded within reason. Those who are just content to let others do all the creating, take all the risks deserve less. How much they get should be determined by how hard they work and their skill set. In the case of FedEx no matter how hard you work you won't be rewarded and you end up a chump for trying to do the right thing. But not all businesses are like that but I get the impression from your writing that a regular worker deserves as much as the owner.

If you look at the excesses that public unions are providing you'll see why quite a few municipalities have declared bankruptcy and many more are contemplating it. That's taxpayer money that provides those golden benefits and retirement, and there's just not enough to go around. Here's a hard truth, there's not an endless stream of money being hogged by a few. There's only so much to go around and any administration that isn't business friendly shrinks that pool even further. I don't disagree with you for a second about people like Smith who has more than he could ever spend and yet still wants more. But if you take away the incentive to better yourself, being creative, taking risks and being rewarded for it then the whole system falls apart. It won't be replaced with something better because all other systems will just insure that we're all miserable together.

Make no mistake about it, if the Dollar collapses we are in for much worse misery than we experienced in 2008-2009.

Actually, fracking HAS contaminated ground water supplies in multiple locations.
How is that a falsehood touted by radicals?

how many times do we have to prove your information sources wrong before you realize you are constantly being deceived?

And there you go again with "if the dollar collapses"' yet another future possible calamity that never happens.

vantexan

Actually, fracking HAS contaminated ground water supplies in multiple locations.
How is that a falsehood touted by radicals?

how many times do we have to prove your information sources wrong before you realize you are constantly being deceived?

And there you go again with "if the dollar collapses"' yet another future possible calamity that never happens.

So if it isn't happening right now then there's no chance? And please name those communities where ground water is contaminated.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Dimock Pennsylvania was the basis of the documentary movie Gasland.

while I will agree the movie is biased, I do believe that the Pennsylvania department of environmental protection proved it was fracking contamination with chemical forensics...

anyways, we are just friggin FedEx drivers

thedownhillEXPRESS

Google fracking groundwater contamination and you'll see all the claims and all the studies done proving not so. P.S. Don't trust an Obama administration E.P.A..

Yeah, I would rather trust the industry funded studies that bloat the google results.

The EPA report was put out for scientific independent review, something republicans seem to have an issue with...

thedownhillEXPRESS

And for the record, I have no problem with fracking.

I see it as a necessary evil, however I can't stand be lied to and manipulated, kinda just like FedEx.

vantexan

I see it as a necessary evil, however I can't stand be lied to and manipulated, kinda just like FedEx.

When I start seeing people getting sick on a large scale due to fracking in the area I'll believe it. There's been a huge amount of drilling on private lands in the last 4 years with very little ill effect. We are just friggin FedEx drivers, and our livelihood depends on oil.

MAKAVELI

When I start seeing people getting sick on a large scale due to fracking in the area I'll believe it. There's been a huge amount of drilling on private lands in the last 4 years with very little ill effect. We are just friggin FedEx drivers, and our livelihood depends on oil.
That's the good ol republican way. Wait till people start getting sick and dying to decide to decide it " might be unsafe". The mighty dollar trumps everything, right? Just try and imagine if it was one your family members that got sick or worse. I guess with your thinking, it would be oh well, at least we are making money on that oil.

thedownhillEXPRESS

That's the good ol republican way. Wait till people start getting sick and dying to decide to decide it " might be unsafe". The mighty dollar trumps everything, right? Just try and imagine if it was one your family members that got sick or worse. I guess with your thinking, it would be oh well, at least we are making money on that oil.

Haha, so true.

I was reading about that town in PA where the papers were saying how all the cows and horses were getting sick, dying or losing all their hair...

I just don't feel like arguing politically tonight............for now