4 new part time positions.

vantexan

That's the good ol republican way. Wait till people start getting sick and dying to decide to decide it " might be unsafe". The mighty dollar trumps everything, right? Just try and imagine if it was one your family members that got sick or worse. I guess with your thinking, it would be oh well, at least we are making money on that oil.

Like it or not there is no viable alternative for oil in the near future. I've seen little, very little, evidence that fracking is hazardous. If it is why isn't the DEMOCRAT administration shutting it down? But I do know that extremist environmentalists are making it difficult to have a decent economy so that we can put people back to work. And even if we do everything perfectly here, which we can't, overseas they don't share our love for spotted owls and minnows. No one wants a filthy, hazardous environment, but comparing what we do in the States with what's going on in China, for example, it's laughable.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Like it or not there is no viable alternative for oil in the near future. I've seen little, very little, evidence that fracking is hazardous. If it is why isn't the DEMOCRAT administration shutting it down? But I do know that extremist environmentalists are making it difficult to have a decent economy so that we can put people back to work. And even if we do everything perfectly here, which we can't, overseas they don't share our love for spotted owls and minnows. No one wants a filthy, hazardous environment, but comparing what we do in the States with what's going on in China, for example, it's laughable.

Enviormentalists making it difficult!!??

Fracking and its money are steamrolling over regulators.

Texas

North Dakota

Pennsylvania

3 states entirely controlled by republican governors and legislatures getting their coffers filled by the billionaires and the waters polluted by them

MAKAVELI

That's the good ol republican way. Wait till people start getting sick and dying to decide to decide it " might be unsafe". The mighty dollar trumps everything, right? Just try and imagine if it was one your family members that got sick or worse. I guess with your thinking, it would be oh well, at least we are making money on that oil.

Like it or not there is no viable alternative for oil in the near future. I've seen little, very little, evidence that fracking is hazardous. If it is why isn't the DEMOCRAT administration shutting it down? But I do know that extremist environmentalists are making it difficult to have a decent economy so that we can put people back to work. And even if we do everything perfectly here, which we can't, overseas they don't share our love for spotted owls and minnows. No one wants a filthy, hazardous environment, but compare what we do in the States with what's going on in China, for example, it's laughable.
If we let you republicans run wild, we would be a carbon copy of China. Someone has to keep you nut jobs in check. Last time I checked we are still the largest economy in the world. Even with all the " crazy environmentalists." So we must be doing something right. There is a lot of new technology that has been developing over the past decade as far as alternative energy sources. So let's stop the doomsday, end of the world , Armageddon scenarios and work on the longterm solutions.

thedownhillEXPRESS

"In Louisiana, seventeen cows died after an hour’s exposure to spilled fracking fluid. (Most likely cause of death: respiratory failure.) In north central Pennsylvania, 140 cattle were exposed to fracking wastewater when an impoundment was breached. Approximately seventy cows died; the remainder produced eleven calves, of which only three survived. In western Pennsylvania, an overflowing waste pit sent fracking chemicals into a pond and a pasture where pregnant cows grazed: half their calves were born dead. The following year’s animal births were sexually skewed, with ten females and two males, instead of the usual 50-50 or 60-40 split. "

vantexan

If we let you republicans run wild, we would be a carbon copy of China. Someone has to keep you nut jobs in check. Last time I checked we are still the largest economy in the world. Even with all the " crazy environmentalists." So we must be doing something right. There is a lot of new technology that has been developing over the past decade as far as alternative energy sources. So let's stop the doomsday, end of the world , Armageddon scenarios and work on the longterm solutions.

We're the biggest economy, but we're no longer the biggest polluter. As I said, no one wants a polluted environment, but you wackos are harming the economy in pursuit of paradise. Untold $billions go to OPEC when we should be self sufficient. This is why the Repubs will eventually get the Presidency back. People can see that Democrat extremism is hurting their future. Whether it's the environment, abortion, gay rights, or the economy, you are too extreme.

vantexan

"In Louisiana, seventeen cows died after an hour’s exposure to spilled fracking fluid. (Most likely cause of death: respiratory failure.) In north central Pennsylvania, 140 cattle were exposed to fracking wastewater when an impoundment was breached. Approximately seventy cows died; the remainder produced eleven calves, of which only three survived. In western Pennsylvania, an overflowing waste pit sent fracking chemicals into a pond and a pasture where pregnant cows grazed: half their calves were born dead. The following year’s animal births were sexually skewed, with ten females and two males, instead of the usual 50-50 or 60-40 split. "

Cite the source! Bet it's a left wing rag. Why hasn't the Federal government shut down fracking? They certainly aren't allowing it on Federal lands. If it's as hazardous as claimed they'd step in. Must be greedy Repub wolves in Democrat sheep's clothing!

thedownhillEXPRESS

We're the biggest economy, but we're no longer the biggest polluter. As I said, no one wants a polluted environment, but you wackos are harming the economy in pursuit of paradise. Untold $billions go to OPEC when we should be self sufficient. This is why the Repubs will eventually get the Presidency back. People can see that Democrat extremism is hurting their future. Whether it's the environment, abortion, gay rights, or the economy, you are too extreme.

For one, I don't see a Republican president perhaps ever again.

And second our domestic oil production is through the roof with Obama..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/energys...a-ignore-the-drama-big-oil-will-do-just-fine/

What extremism here?

Is it not the republicans who just produced a HUGE report about why they keep losing elections and what they need to change on?

MAKAVELI

This view is exactly why Robme lost. You are out of touch and in the minority. Get used to it.

vantexan

For one, I don't see a Republican president perhaps ever again.

And second our domestic oil production is through the roof with Obama..

The Energy Sector Under President Obama: The Picture Is Sunnier Than You Think - Forbes

What extremism here?

Is it not the republicans who just produced a HUGE report about why they keep losing elections and what they need to change on?

Read the article. Wasn't because of Obama's energy policy. It was due to higher oil prices encouraging the development of new projects, which were entirely on private land. Obama has done everything possible to hamper production. But the private land thing stopped him cold.

By the way, Democrats were weeping and wailing after two losses to Bush too. You know what wins them elections? The media. Pure and simple. They demonized the Republicans and people bought it. But let Obama continue to drive us into the ditch. Exactly what got Roosevelt elected in '32. You'll see.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Read the article. Wasn't because of Obama's energy policy. It was due to higher oil prices encouraging the development of new projects, which were entirely on private land. Obama has done everything possible to hamper production. But the private land thing stopped him cold.

By the way, Democrats were weeping and wailing after two losses to Bush too. You know what wins them elections? The media. Pure and simple. They demonized the Republicans and people bought it. But let Obama continue to drive us into the ditch. Exactly what got Roosevelt elected in '32. You'll see.

I know what the article said, I'm proving how you can't just randomly pick a metric out of the air and place the blame, like how republicans say EVERYTHING is Obama's fault.

If you want to play with simplicities then there it is right in full view, a huge domestic oil production increase under a DEMOCRAT.

I know there is a million things one needs to look at to place blame or give credit for any situation.
The problem is the right wing media has reduced it to what I just posted,just fighting fire with fire.

Its annoying when you have it thrown back at you.

vantexan

I know what the article said, I'm proving how you can't just randomly pick a metric out of the air and place the blame, like how republicans say EVERYTHING is Obama's fault.

If you want to play with simplicities then there it is right in full view, a huge domestic oil production increase under a DEMOCRAT.

I know there is a million things one needs to look at to place blame or give credit for any situation.
The problem is the right wing media has reduced it to what I just posted,just fighting fire with fire.

It would have taken off under Bush if the prices were higher. Obama's policies were part of why we have such high prices, and the fracking technology makes it possible to get at those new sources. But no thanks to Obama, he put a moratorium on drilling on Federal land shortly after coming into office. And if he gets his way we'll be paying much more for gas so that he can try to wean us off fossil fuel. That's been a Democrat goal for a long time. You should thank the Repubs for winning the House in 2010. Had Obama been able to get his cap-and-trade program passed there's no way he'd have won in 2012. But then again he probably wouldn't have implemented it until after the election. And don't tell me it's all Repub lies, I saw Obama's interview when he said that with cap-and-trade that people's electric bills would skyrocket. It's a whole different game when you hit the average voter's wallet.

Atomic_Smurf

I know what ya mean about simplicities. I've noticed a good one lately. It happens when the party that supported OccupyWallStreet is looking for any positive signs in the economy to defend their historical president who also supported OccupyWallStreet. They'll say "Hey have you seen the Dow Jones Industrial Average lately?" Classic!

vantexan

I know what ya mean about simplicities. I've noticed a good one lately. It happens when the party that supported OccupyWallStreet is looking for any positive signs in the economy to defend their historical president who also supported OccupyWallStreet. They'll say "Hey have you seen the Dow Jones Industrial Average lately?" Classic!

ROFL!!