401k returns

Up In Smoke

UPS is heavily shorted with a large $90.00 put option in play and a small $85.00 put option also. I moved up my strike price to $83.74, a support level.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
A little misleading. The dividend yield is based on the current stock price. Six months ago, when the stock was at $80.00, the dividend yield was 3.2%. The dividend per share has gone from $ 2.88 per share in 2015 to $ 3.48 in 2020. In that same time frame the stock has fallen from $ 92.00 to $ 47.00. So you lost $ 45.00 per share on the stock but made $ 15.48 per share on the dividend. Again a little misleading because this was a $ 60.00 stock three weeks ago.
the loss is on paper. the loss is not real unless you sell at that price.

we have lost ( on paper ) over 100k in this 4000 pt loss in the stock market but the loss is not real unless we cashed out or if the market never recovers. we still think long term and are not too worried .

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
A little misleading. The dividend yield is based on the current stock price. Six months ago, when the stock was at $80.00, the dividend yield was 3.2%. The dividend per share has gone from $ 2.88 per share in 2015 to $ 3.48 in 2020. In that same time frame the stock has fallen from $ 92.00 to $ 47.00. So you lost $ 45.00 per share on the stock but made $ 15.48 per share on the dividend. Again a little misleading because this was a $ 60.00 stock three weeks ago.

Only losing money if I sell. Always get paid with dividends.

MattM

I've been investing 5 years now. I'm now at a break even point, after being up 20% a month or so ago.

I feel I got in too late. I should halt everything it feels like. My money is barely growing. Yet I hear stories some are up hundreds of thousands

What's the true story?

IM PT. I have other means than than the $20k pt wages. But it feels like there isn't growth with the current index fund options or a basic 5% discount on the stock. I'd be better off investing it all on my own.

At this point. Put it all on black at the roulette table.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've been investing 5 years now. I'm now at a break even point, after being up 20% a month or so ago.

I feel I got in too late. I should halt everything it feels like. My money is barely growing. Yet I hear stories some are up hundreds of thousands

What's the true story?

IM PT. I have other means than than the $20k pt wages. But it feels like there isn't growth with the current index fund options or a basic 5% discount on the stock. I'd be better off investing it all on my own.

Sounds like you have a long time til you retire, so don't worry about it. Regardless of what happens over the next year or two, in ten years the S&P 500 will likely be at least double what it is today and if you stop investing now you will miss out on all that growth. Keep putting money in there every week and let the market do whatever it does.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

What's the true story?

This is why smart, rational financial advisors are worth so much.

Up In Smoke

Some trading platforms are having trouble keeping up. They will not stop trading, too much money being made on the short and put markets.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It's not a buying day anyway. Way too many shoes yet to fall.
I have never tried to time the market before but I see this as an opportunity. sure it may go down more . But we have a lot of cash reserves and am not "going all in" . Just enough to be interesting when and if the market recovers.

It may not get back up to 30k this year since some of this may be tied into a correction. that's okay too. the DEMS are being handed a gift and will probably still screw it up.